MIAMI gets
Jerry Stackhouse
Cliff Robinson
Rodney White
Scottie Pippen
Damon Stoudmire
Zack Randolph
3 million Cash
1st round picks from portland in 2003 and 2005 and Detroit also sends a 1st round pick in 2004.

TRADE ID 736195 ON REAL GM

WHY doES PORTLAND do this trade well they do this trade because they get the second best center in the nba and with him will pose the biggest treat to the Lakers and they also get Brian Grant who is a fan favorite and Eddie Jones can play against Kobe so you could see Mourning and Jones and Wallace against Shaq and Kobe pretty intersting.

Why does DETROIT do this Well they get better players then they gave up so this would be preety much a no brainer for them every position they traded was upgraded.

WHY do the HEAT do this well they do it pretty much to clear cap space but at the same there just not giving away players.
They get Scottie who will clear 19 million in cap space next year so yes they lose Mourning who is going to clear 20 million so thats a difference of 1 million. And they also get some more cap space with Cliff Robinson's 8 million coming off the books as well so so far they have 27 million in cap space for next years free agents which is a strong claas and Miami is a nice city to live in.
In the process of doing this trade they get rid of Brian Grant's FAT CONTRACT and Eddie Jones Fat CONTRACT, in return they get Damon Stoudamire who has only 2 years left on his deal and would be an upgrade over Anthony Carter. They also get Stackhouse who is an Equal if not better than Jones and is alot younger and makes much less then what Eddie makes, Miami also gets too nice prospects in Randolph and White both have not receive big minutes and can prove to be good players.
With all this the Key is the Cap space with that money they could sign 2 Max players plus another good player They could have both Duncan, and J Oneal among other free agents.

Good deal i would say for all teams involve
let me know what you think.

·
Registered
973 Posts
That would still give the Heat like 0 cap room. Why would the Pistons do this. THey give up Stack, Cliff(like u said 8 million in cap room), a 1st, and Rodney White. They get Bonzi Wells and some screwy guyz, which means they get totally ripped off in this deal.

So it doesn't work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>shroombal</b>!
That would still give the Heat like 0 cap room. Why would the Pistons do this. THey give up Stack, Cliff(like u said 8 million in cap room), a 1st, and Rodney White. They get Bonzi Wells and some screwy guyz, which means they get totally ripped off in this deal.

So it doesn't work.
Your Wrong my friend next year when Scottie and Clifff Become Free agents they will clear 27 million in cap space If they keep Zo the Heat then they only get 20 million in cap space and are stuck with Grant and Jones 2 fat contracts, and Zo will probably leave them for nothing so if i was the Heat i would jump all over this. Plus if there intentions are to sign Duncan then what good does Brian Grant do to them a max player playing on the bench, i dont think they want grant.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Zo ain't going nowhere
Grant ain't goin nowhere
Jones ain't goin nowhere
this trade aint happening

sure it works under the cap-but the players skills arent even

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Why does DETROIT do this Well they get better players then they gave up so this would be preety much a no brainer for them every position they traded was upgraded.
Jerry Stackhouse > Bonzi Wells

Cliff Robinson > Dale Davis

Chucky Atkins > Antonio Daniels

Rodney White > Laphonso Ellis

2004 Detroit First Rounder > _________________

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
jvanbusk

Cliff Robinson = Dale Davis

Chucky Atkins < Antonio Daniels

Trades still not fair in the least, but I think this is more like it jvanbusk

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Heat give up:
Zo, Ellis, EJ, Grant

Heat get:
Stackhouse, Cliff, White, Pippen, Stoudamire, Randolph, 3 first round picks

No way any other team does this, look what the Heat get.

Zo is great, but is aging and will probably be retired in a few years. Jones is also great, but Stack is better.

Randolph and White will both be very good. Randolph will be the best.

Pippen is a great veteran leader. And Stoudamire is a stoner who is still a very good PG.

Then there's Clifford who can still average 17ppg.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
If Jones goes anywhere, it'll be the Grizzlies, and it will look something like this:

Heat get:
Michael Dickerson
Stromile Swift

Grizzlies get:
Eddie Jones

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The X Factor</b>!
If Jones goes anywhere, it'll be the Grizzlies, and it will look something like this:

Heat get:
Michael Dickerson
Stromile Swift

Grizzlies get:
Eddie Jones
I agree-he goes back to Jerry West..

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!

Cliff Robinson > Dale Davis

Chucky Atkins > Antonio Daniels

I agree with every comparison except Stackhouse> Wells! I think Wells has a chance to be a superstar...so I'll have to say Stack> Wells for now...but if I had to judge Wells after this season, I'd say Wells> Stack.:D

·
Registered
973 Posts
The Heat will still not have cap room. They are already near the luxury tax!!!!

And I doubt anyone wants BRian GRant's contract.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
If you want a championship, you need a center, so why in the hell would Miami trade away Zo? Yeah we get alot of good players in this trade-but you don't trade away your franchise center.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Uhhh...

Who else is better??? Drob obviously isn't. Marcus Camby isn't. Jahidi White isn't. Dale Davis isn't. Chris Dudley isn't. Rasho isn't. Elden Campbell isn't. Lafrentz isn't. Vlade isn't. Dikembe isn't. Kurt Thomas isn't. Ben Wallace is great on defense, but doesn't score enuff points. He isn't. Greg Oostertag isn't. Neither is Kelvin Cato or Hakeem.

Alonzo is still the 2nd best despite his injuries.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>barondavis1</b>!
does duncan count as a center?
Since he thinks Ben Wallace is a center, than Duncan must be a center in his opinion. :D

Therefore, Tim Duncan is the second best center in the league.

:grinning:

·
Registered
973 Posts
NO!!!!

He is a power forward. There are plenty of guyz at power forward though.

Webber, Garnett, Rasheed, Dice, Antonio Davis, Brand, Kenyon, and Dirk.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shroombal</b>!
NO!!!!

He is a power forward. There are plenty of guyz at power forward though.

Webber, Garnett, Rasheed, Dice, Antonio Davis, Brand, Kenyon, and Dirk.
So is Ben Wallace ;)

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
And, since hes as good as all the guys mentioned. So I Jermaine O'neal. And in shroombals defence, Ben Wallace has played center for the Pistons many of times. Hes in the east, so it doesnt matter.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts