Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nba0304.htm

The Blazers have ELEVEN WINS vs the top ten teams on the sagarin list. No other team in the ENTIRE NBA has more than 11 wins against these teams. Only the Pacers and Mavs are equal to the Blazers' success.

It should scare the CRAP out of the rest of the league that we are beating the bad teams right now.

When it comes to beating the Giants, there is no team that is better.

Sounds like we're a very dangerous playoff team.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but it wasn't. We won last night.

We are beating the bad teams now. And now everyone's saying "Big deal, those are bad teams."

Well, it IS a big deal. Cuz no one beats the great teams like we do. If we're in the playoffs, we are scary contenders.

Spurs are only 6-10 vs those teams.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Over the past few years the biggest problem with Portland is they don't turn it up a notch going into the playoffs, actually they start to simmer. Can Portland get hot and stay hot,in the home stretch is the question?

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Terrible- You are absolutely right.

I believe the Blazers will raise expectations with their Feb-March play. The question is: Will they live up to them in April-May? The last several years, the answer is been indisputably "no."

LOL SoCal Blazer Fan

·
Registered
678 Posts
so we're 11-9 against the top 10, 0-9 against #'s 11-16, and 11-7 against #'s 17-29... so it's the middle tier teams that are really kicking us around...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
All that says to me is our boys play up for the big ones and sleep through the ones that get us into the playoffs.
My thinking is exactly the opposite. All it says to me is that this small dog can bite hard. We have been the underdogs in everyone of those games, and we came out ahead.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think these type of stats show we have sufficient talent its just we don't have the motivation from:
1. the players
2. the coaching staff

This has been similar to other years where we lose to bad teams then beat good teams.

Years where we beat the Lakers in the regular season then get killed in the playoffs.

Years where we have stretches at the end of the season, we get hot and win 75% of our games, then just cool off in the playoffs.

It is quite frusterating but I suppose we should be glad at least our team gives us some hope and excitement, it always feels like the blazers could get hot and win a championship but they never do. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.