Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
link

PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Trail Blazers have signed free agent forward Juwan Howard to a one-year contract, it was announced today by General Manager Kevin Pritchard. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"Juwan Howard will add a wealth of experience and veteran savvy to our young, talented roster," said Pritchard. "We look forward to Juwan's contributions on the court and in the locker room

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
I like it. He'll be a good locker room presence. May not get off the bench much, but doesn't hurt to have a vet influencing our young guys.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I predict that the Blazers will be in the lottery next year because of this pickup. Not really, but it is Juwon Howard and I wouldn't be surprised, the guy is cursed.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
ditto to juwan being a curse. there have been teams expected to make the playoffs that ended up being the worst teams in the league because they acquired this guy. mcgrady carried the magic to the playoffs every year until they acquired juwan howard, and well, mcgrady ended up traded soon after, doc river was fired, and magic ended up with the lottery pick that was dwight howard. unless pritchard was thinking of acquiring another #1 pick....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts