Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope I am not alone here, but as a big blazer fan in a city that ONLY has the Blazers to root for, I am convinced that the local sportscasters have gotten a serious case of the Bill O'Reily syndrome. That is to say, they demand accountability from people that owe then nothing.
I sincerely hope that Phoenix Suns destroy every team they face in the playoffs and win it all so that all of their armchair level control of the Blazers'strategy and failures will be more clearly seen for what it is- they lost to a better team.

They did not play as well as they could have, if they had not been facing a better team and many players did not have the solid performances that they might have, if they had not been facing a better team.

Calls to manhandle the GM, the Coach, The team leaders and even the leading players off of the bench just sound like a giant sack of sour grapes, not basketball analysis. Bill O'Reilly would be proud of Canzano and the entire 95.5 "the game" crew. They "Demand" to see Rudy left on the bench after a poor performance and they also demand to see Brandon benched if any player off of the bench hits a three.

If this great basketball community is going to thrive into next year, these geniuses need to understand that negativity is not the best medicine. Furthermore, and then I will step off of my soap box, these "Analysts" are giving the sport a sort of mechanical feel that just does not jive with the spirit of sport.
Their expectation that an athelete's performance is connected at the hip with the size off his contract and that winning can be "Demanded" is just bull. It removes the whole reason why sport is fun- the unexpected can, and usually does happen.

These guys should stick to informing us and stop trying to be Jim Rome- or Bill O'Reilly for that matter.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
The Suns sweeping the Spurs support your argument.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Blazers Sportswriters and Broadcasters Protesteth Too Much

Yes, the Suns still are playing great and Grant Hill is playing a solid role for this team prior to his retirement. If there is one guy that deserves a ring this year, it is that dude.

Local talkshow guys at 95.5 the game and 1080 are continuing to speculate about the Blazers for next year as if a 50 win season without Oden is just sub-par. Now they can overlook the fact that the Blazers took a great team like the Suns deep into a playoff too.

If basketball greatness ever comes from Portland again, you can bet it will NOT be because of the spoiled brats that think they can do Kevin Pritchard's job better than he has done it. I am quite sure that, with salary caps and the shortage of superstars in the league, these bozos could not manage their way to winning a free slice of pie at the Shari's. But, I suppose that is why Kevin gets the big $$$ and these guys get to wonder when Paul Allen will send them packing to Denver, Atlanta, or other down-market place where the fans have other sports to watch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts