Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And so it begins. In snowy Washington with a new lineup, a renewed hope and a new start.

The Trail Blazers' push for the playoffs -- far-fetched as it might be -- was kick-started Monday night behind first-time starter Darius Miles, the hot shooting of Damon Stoudamire and a timely three-pointer by Derek Anderson that produced a 94-83 win over the depleted Washington Wizards at the MCI Center.

After the fifth-worst first half of a season in franchise history, the Blazers are 51/2 games behind Denver for the eighth and final Western Conference playoff spot, and the opportunity to extend their playoff streak to 22 seasons. Some of the Blazers acknowledged they have a steep hill to climb, and others say it's too early to start looking at playoff races, but one thing is certain:

"I don't think anyone has given up on it," coach Maurice Cheeks said. "We are not out until we are out, so with that in mind, I think our chances are as good as anyone."

Should be a fun ride to the end, hope all the wheels stay on the cart as Portland makes a push to the finish.

Oregonlive.com

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I may be in the minority, but I want them to make the playoffs, setting a professional record of 22 years in a row if I am not mistaken. How many times can you say your team does that?

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I may be in the minority, but I want them to make the playoffs, setting a professsional record of 22 years in a row if I am not mistaken. How many times can you say your team does that?
That would be one hell of an accompishment. I hope you guys get it.:yes:

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
I may be in the minority...
I doubt that you are in the minority on that one TB. Just because there are some regularly voicing their opinions hoping for losses for various reasons, doesn't mean there aren't many others quietly hoping for a nice long winning streak as a prelude to another playoff appearance. If Portland is able to finally start to ball now that they've shored up their frontcourt and got their best guard off the IL, I'd bet you'll see some more of those fans speak up.

STOMP

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
The 2nd half of the Blazers season should shape up to be very interesting indeed.

I'll be cheering for them whether they win or loose!

Go Blazers !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts