Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Trail Blazers have agreed to sign point guard Andre Miller to a multi-year contract, according to the player's agent.

"We're closing in on a deal, we should have one shortly,'' agent Andy Miller told The Oregonian shortly before noon.

Miller, 33, averaged 16.3 points, 6.5 assists and 4.5 rebounds last season for Philadelphia. He is regarded as a deft passer, particularly in throwing lob passes, and is known more for finishing inside - usually after a pump fake - than he is from making perimeter shots. Last season, he made only 28.3 percent from three-point range and during his 10-year career he is a 21 percent three-point shooter.

Agent Andy Miller said the Blazers will exhaust nearly all of their $7.7 million in cap space to sign Miller.

"It's a perfect fit, I have always felt that way,'' Andy Miller said. "I think he can take the Blazers to the next level in their quest for a championship.''

The Blazers tried to acquire Miller at the February trading deadline, but couldn't agree on a deal with the Sixers, the agent said.
I'm happy with this move. I just hope the deal isn't for more than three years.

Link

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I'm happy with this move. I just hope the deal isn't for more than three years.

Link
I think it's a 3 year deal. This puts steve blake back as the backup pg, where he is best suited. He's a helluva backup, but probably near the bottom of the league as a starter. Now what do the Blazers do with their SF position. On the NBA board somebody suggested something like Steve Blake and Outlaw for Maggette. I like that move, but I'm not sure that the Blazers need to make a move at the 3, but alot of people seem to think that they do.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Umm I think it needs to be pointed out that Andre Miller apparently has an agent name Andy (or Andrew) Miller. So awesome...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts