Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you already know, I'm a main contributor for HoopsHype.com and was the man who first broke the story of Magloire being traded to Milwaukee. We'll I'm getting multiple sources telling me there's a deal in the works between Indiana and Minnesota that will make that deal look like an NBDL transaction. Word is Larry Bird and Kevin McHale have been in heated discussions for the past 2 weeks on a blockbuster, and finally after hours of talking they've come to a verbal agreement. Although things could change at anytime, obviously, as of this writing the deal would send Kevin Garnett, Wally Szczerbiak, and Trenton Hassell to Indiana in exchange for Jermaine O'Neal, Danny Granger, Scot Pollard, and Jonathan Bender. This deal makes Indiana the team to beat this year and for the forseeable future, while it also gives Minnesota exactly what they need for Garnett; another superstar (O'Neal), a nice young talent (Granger), and huge cap flexability (dumping Wally and Hassell's contracts for the expiring contracts of Pollard and Bender). Expect this to go down as early as today, or as late as the weekend. It just depends on how quickly things can be finalized.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I heard Minnesota was in heated discussions with New York. Was this false? :whoknows: If so it seems strange for Indiana considering they think they have the pieces to win a championship now.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
This is probably the best idea i've heard for KG in a long time, none of that "Kwame and Odom" crapola that's totally one sided. Both teams would definitely benefit here.

Indiana doesn't really seem capable of winning a championship with this current roster. They're more like the Kings of a few years ago, a great team and always a contender, but after losing Reggie Miller's clutch edge, they need to add a little extra if they want to win a championship now. Because even after this trade, the road to finals still goes thru Detroit and they'll be an even bigger match-up edge with Garnett.

For Minnesota this sounds like a great idea, they'll get a younger and proven all-star power forward, lots of future talent in Granger, and some big men who can produce. Their cap flexibility will be great next year and probably snag an all-star in free agency.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't think this is possible because, if I'm not mistaken, there is a waiting period for rookies to be delt, which lasts until January. So Granger won't get traded, at least not yet.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
alex said:
I don't think this is possible because, if I'm not mistaken, there is a waiting period for rookies to be delt, which lasts until January. So Granger won't get traded, at least not yet.
The new CBA says Rookies may be traded 30 days after they sign the contract

I read in the trib stating O'neal was discussed :
No names were mentioned, but insiders knew it was aimed at O'Neal, regarded as a bigger talker than worker. Without prompting, O'Neal answered the comments not specifically aimed at him.

"It's unfair for it to be said we need to step up and find leadership," O'Neal said. "I'm the one that's been calling guys in the summer, during the season, trying to keep guys motivated. We shouldn't be questioning the leadership. We should have been questioning why we got beat amongst each other."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...l=cs-columnists

·
Registered
717 Posts
It would be great. But I still don't see Mr. Garnett out of Minnesota.

·
Registered
717 Posts
That's true also.

Maybe Garnett?! But then, who'll play PF?!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
edyzbasketball said:
That's true also.

Maybe Garnett?! But then, who'll play PF?!
Artest is big & strong enough to take on power forwards in the short-term. And i wouldn't doubt Carlisle's ability to adapt the team at all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bone Crusher said:
As many of you already know, I'm a main contributor for HoopsHype.com and was the man who first broke the story of Magloire being traded to Milwaukee. We'll I'm getting multiple sources telling me there's a deal in the works between Indiana and Minnesota that will make that deal look like an NBDL transaction. Word is Larry Bird and Kevin McHale have been in heated discussions for the past 2 weeks on a blockbuster, and finally after hours of talking they've come to a verbal agreement. Although things could change at anytime, obviously, as of this writing the deal would send Kevin Garnett, Wally Szczerbiak, and Trenton Hassell to Indiana in exchange for Jermaine O'Neal, Danny Granger, Scot Pollard, and Jonathan Bender. This deal makes Indiana the team to beat this year and for the forseeable future, while it also gives Minnesota exactly what they need for Garnett; another superstar (O'Neal), a nice young talent (Granger), and huge cap flexability (dumping Wally and Hassell's contracts for the expiring contracts of Pollard and Bender). Expect this to go down as early as today, or as late as the weekend. It just depends on how quickly things can be finalized.
I'm speechless.....This would be huge......bad news for my bulls though :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
Bone Crusher said:
You say multiple sources, but yet fail to list anyof those sources. Also known as the traditional bull**** and definately not happening trade talk.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
This is one of the better ideas for KG that I've heard. If I'm the Wolves, I would want at least one future 1st out of Indy. Should this go down, it would definitely put the Pacers amongst the elite.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.