Dickau

New Hawks lineup:
1- Diaw, Vaughn
2- Terry, Person, Hansen
3- Jackson, Glover
4- Sheed, Henderson, Crawford
5- Nazr, (Sheed)

--------------

The Hawks will now officially have a Zillian Dollars in cap room!

I doubt they're any worse in the short term either. Sheed's a better defender than SAR... he'll see time at the 5. They're still thin up front.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>ToddMacCulloch11</b>!
Yeah, the hawks weren't going anywhere this season, and sheed will most likely leave and give them plenty of cap room to work with.
I don't see much downside. Sheed > SAR, and gives cap room too. Losing Ratliff is kind of bad, but he's not really a difference-making player. Plus, of course, they've got something on the order of $20M in cap room this summer.

If well used, that's a pretty good way to rebuild a franchise.

·
Registered
519 Posts
HI...so what can you tell me ie the blazer forum on the 3 people we just got for SHEED and PERSON..anything you can tell us..thanks...and you guys got 2 great players too..WALLACE can be a handful but maybe the move will help him and the other is a good outside shooter....

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>blazerfan4life</b>!
HI...so what can you tell me ie the blazer forum on the 3 people we just got for SHEED and PERSON..anything you can tell us..thanks...and you guys got 2 great players too..WALLACE can be a handful but maybe the move will help him and the other is a good outside shooter....
Well, SAR is a pretty established guy. He'll put up the stats you see now if he gets the chance. The downside is that he's a pretty soft defender. Also, I'm concerned that he won't mesh that well with Randolph. Sheed was a better fit from a pure basketball sense because he could play D and hit the three, which created space Zach. SAR potentially will clog the low block with Zach.

Theo will clearly solidify your center position, although he's still a bit undersized. Still, he's a strong defender and if Zach and SAR are your forwards you won't be hurt by his poor rebounding.

Dickau... who knows. Maybe he didn't play because the Hawks are stupid, or just because they couldn't afford to play him with a short 2 like Terry. That's the glass half full view. The glass half empty view is that you're getting a guy who couldn't play much on a bad team and one that isn't exactly overflowing with point guards.

·
Registered
462 Posts
One thing that goes unnoticed... in this trade, everyone says the Hawks get cap room to build their franchise, which is correct, they do, but look at the top free agents next year.

Mehmet Okur
Kurt Thomas
Jamal Crawford
Stromile Swift
DeShawn Stevenson
Carlos Arroyo
Quentin Richardson
Brent Barry
Rasheed Wallace

Out of this list, Sheed is the only player close to the franchise tag, not that he is, but the closest in a list of DeShawn Stevenson and Co.

Umm.. I guess they might have just acquired the player that they were.. i guess going to get over the summer.

If they truely plan to rebuild over the summer, then I guess they could go after Sheed, Stromile, and Barry and have a lineup of:

C: Nazr
PF: Stromile (Using money from Sheed's new restructured contract)
SF: Sheed (Using money from Terrel Brandon)
SG: Terry
PG: Barry (Using money from Wesley Person)

Seems like that team could have a running offense with 2 great shooters (Sheed and Terry), a good ball handler (Barry), a post presence (Stromile), and a rebounding big man (Nazr).

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
i think the hawks went to far with trying to save money. they maybe selling the team. why do this, now the franshise is crap, you already lost big dog for terrell brandon, and will save big bucks. what they dont uinderstand is, NOONE WANTS TO PLAY IN ATLANTA.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Atlanta will go one of two ways after this trade. They will either use their cap room in the next few seasons to build a solid team that will make the playoffs for years to come, or they will end up wasting the money on useless guys. But seriously, look at this cap space: Hawks Salaries

I'm hoping, with Georgia's reputation for producing great players, they can convince a few of them to come home and play for them. (ie. Dwight Howard, Josh Smith, etc.)

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
"Mehmet Okur
Kurt Thomas
Jamal Crawford
Stromile Swift
DeShawn Stevenson
Carlos Arroyo
Quentin Richardson
Brent Barry
Rasheed Wallace"

There is this other guy named Kobe Bryant, you may have heard of him :) hehe

Regardless, they could get swift who can do what theo did for a lot cheaper... and they don't neccessarily have to spend all of their money this summer either

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
QRich, Crawford, Stro are nothin to snicker at. Both have allstar potential....... but I think the main thing was to help the sale go thru & to get under the luxury tax.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
What if Atlanta signed Q, Stromile and Okur?

PG - Jason Terry
SG - Stephen Jackson
SF - Quentin Richardson
PF - Stromile Swift
C - Mehmet Okur

Bench
G - Jacque Vaughn, G - Travis Hansen, G/F - Dion Glover, G/F - Boris Diaw, F - Alan Henderson, F - Chris Crawford, C - Nazr Mohammed 1st round draft pick.

I think they could pull that off with a philosophy change (to a more uptempo game) and a new coach, with the money that they will be able to throw around.

·
Registered
462 Posts
What if Atlanta signed Q, Stromile and Okur?
My problem with that is that it would pretty much eliminate any post prescence, and that team has no franchise/go to player/guy.

There is this other guy named Kobe Bryant, you may have heard of him
There are names that I didnt mention, but in absolutely no way is Kobe going to Atlanta... so I didnt mind mentioning him.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That´s right, we need a leader and the only way to obtain it is the draft as FA market does not offer anything valuable. Anyway I´m afraid that we are not going to obtain it this draft as there are only three players that could reach that status, Howard, Okafor and Josh Smith and we are the fourth team right now.

The main problem is that we did the stupidiest trade in the history, we cannot obtain a star in the FA market while being able to obtain something valuable for Ratliff and Rahim. Now with a lot of cap space, no star want to play for Atlanta...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts