Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Raptors Twitter account

Ujiri says #Raptors have received board approval to purchase D-League team. Where/when still to be finalized. http://raptors.com/live
This will give Masai control over developmental usage for Bebe, Bruno and whomever we draft this year. I like this news

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I've actually never heard of a D-League purchase being publicly announced like this. Then again I guess I've never really been plugged in too closely with the comings and goings of the D-League.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Neither have I.....

Does any other NBA organization have ownership over a D League team?

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And on another note, I kind of wish the NBA would treat the D League the same way the NHL treated their "D League" (AHL). Where each NBA team has total control of a D League team where the can Develop players their way in a system that runs along with the NBA team.

That was a major downfall for Bruno this season, twice he was sent to the D League and both times he was barely used. And obviously not in a way that helps his growth with the Raptors. If anyhting it may have hurt his confidence, not being able get any minutes in the D League nevermind the NBA.

I really think the NBA switching over to this model will be more benficial to the NBA and the D League a like. For the D League, fans of the NBA team will follow their own D League more closely knowing that this team can be developing players for their future.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
I think Masai might be the first one to use a D league team correctly. It should be used to develop your young guys, nothing else.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Every team should have a D-League team, there is absolutely no reason not to. This will eventually be the norm, and catching on slow is never a good thing.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
This really is excellent news for the franchise.

Bruno, Bebe and DeAndre Daniels will all be playing 30mpg against NBA veterans and a good level of competition.

I don't think they realise how many views these games will get, the Raptors nation is going to be all over any Bruno game.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
I'm in Brampton so I can definitely go to D League games in Mississauga.

Exciting news.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
This is by far the best news I've heard from our franchise in a looong time!!
I'm also in Brampton, work in Mississauga so I can definitely see myself heading out to these games. Close by, easy parking and access!! Ohh yeah.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
This is by far the best news I've heard from our franchise in a looong time!!
I'm also in Brampton, work in Mississauga so I can definitely see myself heading out to these games. Close by, easy parking and access!! Ohh yeah.
Google tells me I can be court-side sharing a beer with you in 11 hours and 15 minutes. I may have to get a season ticket.

BRUNO!

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
I think AllRim's in Hamilton, we should all go to a game Ozzy.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I work at the Hershey SportsZone next door, so I will try sneaking in for sure. This would be an awesome to chance to see some of the young players that don't don't get burn on other teams too.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Sounds good to me!!! With all the interest in the area I wonder how fast those tickets will sell out. Should be very well received in the area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts