Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to Juan Bid, who suspiciously hightailed it out of town last night. He claims he was nowhere near the A-10 board last night, nor near Cincinnati this afternoon. However, he claims his brother, Don, will be attending the NCAA tourney and rooting for one of the 12 seeds to pull the annual upset. GW and their 5 seed should beward Juan and Don wherever they might end up.

Seriously though, if Temple or Charlotte wins the title, who would want to face them as (probably) something like an 11 seed? That's a tough draw. Or even St. Joe's or Xavier for that matter. And what kind of seed would Fordham get? 12? 13? Or Lasalle? (I'm assuming SJU holds on right now, apologies to SLU if they don't.)

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think I would be happy if Xavier gets an NIT invitation, and even there I think it would be a very low seed.

I fear it would be a short run if they can even win the first game. However, it does/would continue a pretty impressive string of post season appearances.

·
Registered
51 Posts
rusty X said:
I think I would be happy if Xavier gets an NIT invitation, and even there I think it would be a very low seed.

I fear it would be a short run if they can even win the first game. However, it does/would continue a pretty impressive string of post season appearances.

Did last year not count?

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Rusty, I think Xavier is guaranteed at worst an NIT invitation now.

My mood has changed from the last couple of weeks. I think Xavier can win this thing now. Hell, with all four teams being someone who would have had to play four days in a row, the team that wins on Saturday won't necessarily be the better team, but the team with the most stamina.

xu95

1 - 6 of 6 Posts