Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry it's a day early, but don't know if I am going to be on at all tomorrow.

If KU plays like they did at ISU and Richmond, there is NO WAY Ku wins.

If Graves decides not to grab or rebound or be useful, KU DOES NOT WIN.

if the only three point shooter is Aaron Miles KU get's blown out.

However, I believe that this will be a good game. If I have to make a prediction right now (well da, that's why I am writing it)
I say MU 70 KU 65.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I am going to miss the game. This sucks....

Well, I Think Kansas will win this game, in Columbia??? well that is another story.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
KU - 47
MU - 128

This one won't be close.

·
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahahaahahaha. Oh your being serious?

I will put it this way. IF the jayhawks lose, it's not going to be by that much.

If they lose by your score, I will in my signature until the end of the season (til the national championship) I will put MIZZOU IS THE GREATEST.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KansasJayhawk</b>!
hahahaahahaha. Oh your being serious?

I will put it this way. IF the jayhawks lose, it's not going to be by that much.

If they lose by your score, I will in my signature until the end of the season (til the national championship) I will put MIZZOU IS THE GREATEST.
Actually, I was being conservative with that estimate. I honestly don't think KU will break 20, but to be safe I gave you 47.

·
Registered
398 Posts
KU beat Mizzou by 9. Really was a good game somewhat. Mizzou is just one of the worst defensive teams I've seen though. It's amazing KU only got 65 points.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Langford was off, Miles got hurt for a bit and Simien played one of his poorer games of the season, but KU got the W in a fairly sloppy game. KU needs to BOX OUT and JR Giddens needs to shoot more. I was impressed with MU's intensity, although it's a given with this rivalry. AJ did some nice things in the paint. Travon actually played like he had a pair, but he still did more whining than playing.

Decent win. Nothing special. KU has now won 9 of the last 10, I believe.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
I thought it was one of the best KS and MO games that I've seen. The intesinity of both teams was amazing.

I also thought that this game was one of Mizzou's best road games this season. They played very well

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
To continue the chant of the fans.

NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT

·
Registered
126 Posts
What is the point spread in a rivalry game like this?

I would bet over the years that the winning team usually is just happy to get out of the arena with a win.

9 points is a pretty big win I would think. Don't these games usually go down to the wire.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!
To continue the chant of the fans.

NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT NIT

They have to finish .500 to reach the NIT. Saying NIT might actually be a compliment. :laugh:

Better not laugh to much, as SU moves closer to a spot on the bubble

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MavsPoke</b>!
What is the point spread in a rivalry game like this?

I would bet over the years that the winning team usually is just happy to get out of the arena with a win.

9 points is a pretty big win I would think. Don't these games usually go down to the wire.
the spread this year was 9 points acutally. Between Kansas and Missouri it is useally no more than 9 points either way. Useally KU has the fav at home and vice versa with Mizzou. This year in Columbia, I think KU would be fav more of like 1 or 2 points just becausae it is at Mizzou.

Most years the games do always go dwon the wire. A couple years ago, KU and Mizzou was tied at half, and then KU just killed them in second half scoring 60 points.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JuniorNoboa</b>!

They have to finish .500 to reach the NIT. Saying NIT might actually be a compliment. :laugh:

Better not laugh to much, as SU moves closer to a spot on the bubble
as a Kansas fan, we would love them to make the NIT instead the NCAA's. And if they are at a point on the last game of the year between NIT or NCAA, KU fans wouldlove KU to beat Mizzou in Columbia on the last game.

However as a BIg 12 fan, I would like to see more teams in the NCAA's. So I won't be too disappointed if Mizzou makes the Big Dance .

·
Registered
736 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!

the spread this year was 9 points acutally. Between Kansas and Missouri it is useally no more than 9 points either way. Useally KU has the fav at home and vice versa with Mizzou. This year in Columbia, I think KU would be fav more of like 1 or 2 points just becausae it is at Mizzou.

Most years the games do always go dwon the wire. A couple years ago, KU and Mizzou was tied at half, and then KU just killed them in second half scoring 60 points.
That game was awesome. They replay it on the KU network sometimes. But tonight, I don't think I've ever seen Miles play better, missed jumpers notwithstanding. It's amazing that a point can take over the game completely without scoring. He really needs to shoot though. He's like Ason Kidd these days, yknow.

Vega, aren't you used to Simien playing like crap by now? The only players I count on to put up good numbers are Miles and Langford, and Giddens and Padgett to a lesser extent. You just never know if Simien's gonna be a beast or just get schooled by someone taller. And damn, if Graves could freaking finish, he'd get to the NBA, but not after that. One last little thing, can we go ahead and red light Mike Lee from trying to be point guard? We don't let Hawkins shoot, we shouldn't let Lee handle.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Kansas deserved the vic, they stepped up when the game was on the line.. Let's face it.. The Tigers have no leader's or direction!.. The last 10 min's were a prime example.. Too many trey attempt's.. too careless wit the rock and not enough adjustment's!.. McKinney can only stay wit Miles for so long before he get's exposed.. Where's our "defensive wizard" named Laurie ;)?.. Gardner may have looked great the past few game's, but reality can be a *****!.. Kroenke played over 20 min's, draw your own conclusion's!.. For all Travon's D, he couldn't hit a FT, and wasn't much better from the field.. AJ threw up some serious brick's with no one underneath the basket.. While Paulding was Paulding, great at time's, a sucka for the better part!.. Honestly.. There's no reason to be saying NIT at this time!.. Were going to have to put together something that resemble's a winning streak, before I'd talk about NIT.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!

Vega, aren't you used to Simien playing like crap by now? The only players I count on to put up good numbers are Miles and Langford, and Giddens and Padgett to a lesser extent. You just never know if Simien's gonna be a beast or just get schooled by someone taller. And damn, if Graves could freaking finish, he'd get to the NBA, but not after that. One last little thing, can we go ahead and red light Mike Lee from trying to be point guard? We don't let Hawkins shoot, we shouldn't let Lee handle.
Agreed 100%.

Wayne needs to go back to KU basketball camp and re-learn how to finish and time his jumps.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
First of all, I thought I saw a graphic during the game that said Quin was 3-6 vs. KU. That could be wrong, but for some reason I seem to remember it (that would make him 3-7 now with KU winning 5 of the last 6).

Secondly, give Mizzou the point guard Pulley was supposed to be and they're in that game until the very end. Unfortunately he sucks and isn't even with the team right now. Hopefully Horton can be that guy next year. Mizzou needs that "coach on the floor". I think that would make this team tons better. All the good teams have it, we don't.

Third, Kleiza disappointed me. Apparently he left his lasers at home.

Finally, KU won, but didn't show me anything to rule out a possible Mizzou win in Columbia. They'll have Kleiza back. They'll have a Laurie with more experience. Hopefully they'll have a Conley with more experience. And they'll probably be needing the win, as well. I say Mizzou wins to close out the regular season by a score of 210-19.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Secondly, give Mizzou the point guard Pulley was supposed to be and they're in that game until the very end. Unfortunately he sucks and isn't even with the team right now. Hopefully Horton can be that guy next year. Mizzou needs that "coach on the floor". I think that would make this team tons better. All the good teams have it, we don't.
That's the thing.. Where'd you hear that he was supposed to be good?.. Would you consider the 4th guard off any team's pine to be a worthy starter for anyone's team?.. Just curious dirty.. Ain't trying to ruffle your feather's!

·
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
decent game, thou it is always good to see the tigers lose at anything.

from kusports.com

"A lot of people say he's not a 40 percent three-point shooter, and he's not this and that. The heck with percentages. It's what you do for the team," Langford said. "The Internet geeks can talk about his free-throw percentage or assist-to-turnover ratio or whatever. When he's in the game, we're better."

yeah that was shown last night, thou I think that Jeremy CAse was smart in goding the tiger's player to foul him in the second. Taht was so cool.

Overall it's a good day to be a JAyhawk, and a really bad day to be a Tiger.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts