Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
6,926 Posts
iverson101 said:
Lots of rumors all year and then this
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5476602

Duke will be very thin up front- Zoubek... Henderson will play the 4, Boykins I guess, um... maybe Lance Thomas?
I can't really blame him.

Coach K seems to hate true centers. The last true center he had before Boateng was probably Michael Thompson, and he transferred to Northwestern because of lack of playing time.

Hell, Zoubek probably won't even play next year...K will probably throw DeMarcus Nelson in there at center. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TM

· That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
I hope the kid salvages his career. I mean he was a McDonald's All-American somehow.

· Wooden the Wizard
13,581 Posts
iverson101 said:
maybe Lance Thomas?
Assuming McRoberts leaves, yes, they'll be thin I guess. But when has K ever used big guys? If he wasn't so stuck in his ways, I wouldn't be surprised to him take a page from Jay Wright's book and start 4 guards and Henderson at the 5.

As for the quote above - boy, If Duke could get him. Yikes. They would be super young and come season they'd do stupid, stupid things, but like this year's Jayhawks, they'd have their moments. And they'd be nice moments.

At best:
Zoubek/McRoberts
Thomas
Henderson
Pocious/Scheyer
Paulus

Obviously, Zoubek being a true center, he wouldn't get to play, but I like mentioning him anyway.

· That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
I saw something where he might go to Notre Dame. This kid is very raw. I think he should go to Georgetown, because the redshirt would be good for him. Either way, he's also a smart kid, so he'll get an education.

· Wooden the Wizard
13,581 Posts
Georgetown - playing behind Hibbert and Macklin? That'd be the same situation that he was in at Duke. Even worse because he loses a year, plus if McRoberts leaves, he'd only have to go against Zoubek for the starting C position.

· That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
TM said:
Georgetown - playing behind Hibbert and Macklin? That'd be the same situation that he was in at Duke. Even worse because he loses a year, plus if McRoberts leaves, he'd only have to go against Zoubek for the starting C position.
There's a good chance that Hibbert and Jeff Green are gone after next season (their junior seasons). He'd be competing with Vernon Macklin (who is a PF) and DaJuan Summers (who is also a PF). He'd also be at a program that has a history of developing NBA caliber centers.

Hibbert is the next in a long time of NBA bigs from Georgetown.

· That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
TM said:
that's what I'm... he'd still be playing backup. he'd have a better chance at Duke to get PT.
I think it's pretty obvious that he'd get better PT at Duke, but he probably wouldn't be any better than Casey Sanders, if he stayed at Duke. The Big Man coach is Wojo for goodness sake.

· Wooden the Wizard
13,581 Posts
And the coach that turned out all those great big man isn't there any more.

As for the Wojo comment... I agree. Although the undersized (converted) C's haven't turned out too badly.

· That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
TM said:
And the coach that turned out all those great big man isn't there any more.

As for the Wojo comment... I agree. Although the undersized (converted) C's haven't turned out too badly.
Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand and Shelden Williams (were all PF's) and top 10 players, even though Shelden wasn't allowed on the Mickey D team. I can't give Wojo credit for them.

Even though John Thompson is no longer there, Roy Hibbert's impressive progress, can't be underscored.

Craig Esherick had Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje and Wesley Wilson and these guys never improved. Hibbert gets there and goes from a stiff to a lottery pick in '07. That's player development.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.