259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4pts, 4rbs, 4ast after the first Q

He can get it.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
Let's hope not. It wouldn't be good for the game for Bobby Sura to get a triple double.
why wouldnt it

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
why wouldnt it
Seems to me it would diminish the significance of the triple double if a mediocre player like Bobby Sura got a triple double. Kind of like when Roger Maris' baseball record starting getting destroyed every year; getting that mark no longer seemed special. I would feel the same way about the triple double if Bobby Sura was to get one. After all, he's just Bobby Sura.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
Seems to me it would diminish the significance of the triple double if a mediocre player like Bobby Sura got a triple double. Kind of like when Roger Maris' baseball record starting getting destroyed every year; getting that mark no longer seemed special. I would feel the same way about the triple double if Bobby Sura was to get one. After all, he's just Bobby Sura.
Right... :rolleyes:

He was 1 assist or so away from a triple dbl back in a game against Orlando this season.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Bobby Sura had two (maybe three) triple-doubles last year so he is certainly capable of another one. If I remember correctly, one of his didn't count (see: Ricky Davis).

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
Premier said:
Bobby Sura had two (maybe three) triple-doubles last year so he is certainly capable of another one. If I remember correctly, one of his didn't count (see: Ricky Davis).
Thanks for ruining my respect for the triple double. ;)

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Weren't they in consecutive games as well?
Makes it even more impressive.
Yep, he got one in the next match aswell but they took it away from him because he just threw it up against the rim with seconds left

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
I won't say it's not good for the game for Bob Sura to get a triple double, but it causes people to seriously overrate him.

Mike James better than Sura. Yet somehow Biceps Bob gets all this love and a starting job, while James just chips in his 14 ppg off the bench.

How long until JVG realizes Mike James is better in every aspect of the game except rebounding?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts