Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love watching him play. He should be a starter on some team because he is too talented to be on the bench for half the game.

This is somewhat going on a limb, but as of now...

...He could possibly be a top 10 PG if he played enough. Not saying he would, but he has the potential. He can pass a lot better than he gets credit for and has as much athleticism as Francis but with way more common sense and smarts. He plays just as well as Bibby when he gets in the game.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>compsciguy78</b>!
I love watching him play. He should be a starter on some team because he is too talented to be on the bench for half the game.

This is somewhat going on a limb, but as of now...

...He could possibly be a top 10 PG if he played enough. Not saying he would, but he has the potential. He can pass a lot better than he gets credit for and has as much athleticism as Francis but with way more common sense and smarts. He plays just as well as Bibby when he gets in the game.
I love the guy too. He's probably the heart and soul of that Kings team. He's not the best player but no one plays harder or is more clutch. The Kings need the swagger and energy that he brings to the game. He, Bibby, and maybe Peja are the only guys who play like men when it counts. Divac is usually fouled out by the 4th quarter. Webber can't get rid of the ball fast enough during crunch time. Christie air balls everything he throws up. You can count on Jackson taking and making big shots down the stretch. He's also one of the few guys in this league that will go right at Shaq. I've got nothing but love for him.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
He's better than Bibby, in my opinion. Of course, I believe Bibby is one of the more overrated point guards in the NBA, based on hitting a couple of key shots in the 2002 Western Conference Championships against the Lakers.

However, Jackson would have to play a slightly more restrained game if he started. He views his role as "energy man" as license to gun early and often.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Have you guys been watching more than 1 or 2 Kings games???

Bibby has been stupendous this season. He puts Bobby to shame. And Bobby brings energy, yes, but he also brings selfishness.

A couple of those games we lost were due, in part, to him. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and instead of passing he just kept shooting those bricks.

He drives many many Kings fans CRAZY.

I'd gladly give him to you if I were GM. "Most definitely"

But to say he's better than Bibby?? That's ridiculous. Bibby was basically playing one handed last night (possible sprained thumb, they are hoping it's not fractured. He's getting an MRI today) and he still scored 18 points.

I'd rather have Peja or Bibby getting the clutch shot than Bobby

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>1652</b>!
Have you guys been watching more than 1 or 2 Kings games???

Bibby has been stupendous this season. He puts Bobby to shame. And Bobby brings energy, yes, but he also brings selfishness.

A couple of those games we lost were due, in part, to him. He couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and instead of passing he just kept shooting those bricks.

He drives many many Kings fans CRAZY.

I'd gladly give him to you if I were GM. "Most definitely"

But to say he's better than Bibby?? That's ridiculous. Bibby was basically playing one handed last night (possible sprained thumb, they are hoping it's not fractured. He's getting an MRI today) and he still scored 18 points.

I'd rather have Peja or Bibby getting the clutch shot than Bobby
I wish we were GMs because you'd have yourself a deal. I'd love to have Bobby Jackson coming off of the Lakers bench.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.