Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,669 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I was waiting for someone to post a thread about this.

Bobby Knight just can't manage to keep his mouth shut. The dude unloads on an anybody at anytime, so I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did something stupid like this.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Yo I got it taken care of.. I hate that when you copy links on yahoo it gives you all that other stuff.. Remember guys if you do copy a yahoo link (with that LKSwaoe038 stuff) right as soon as it says news make there's a ? and the rest of the link.. That's about all..

I heard something about this, didnt pay attention though

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Read some comments from the thread above and you will understand why Bobby was able to stay around for so long in Indiana.

He hasn't even won an NC's for TTech and the fans there are ready to fire the Chancellor of thier school. Damn, priorities are really mixed up. I'm sorry, but if Eddie Sutton went into a rage in a public place and chocked a kid who said "What's up Ed" while tossing a salad at the President of the university, I would have to say that my school's honor is more important than any one man and fire his ***. Not that that would ever happen because Eddie is a freaking Saint. But you get the idea.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
What is this something new for Knight to do? People blow what he does way out of porpotion. He could say he didnt get the right change back at Burger King and the news would say that he blew up at a kid. I only believe half of what the media reports about Mr. Knight.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Don't use the honorific Mr. Knight for Bobby.

That is saved for Saints like Mr. Iba.

See what I mean about mixed up priorities. After how many years, the IU fans are still defending that tyrant.

If Booby was the dictator of a middle eastern country, dubbya would have allready blasted his butt to oblivion.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
How is he a tyrant? He gets things done the way he wants them done. All he does is win and bring in money. Sure he has a few outbursts that are over the top, but he is one of the best coaches of all time. If all you know about Mr. Knight is what you read in the papers and ESPN then you are way off. All they do is make him into a story.

Then why doesnt everyone jump all over Bill Parcells? He is basically the same type of coach.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With Coaches like Knight all is fine when they are winning.

It's no surprise that he was finally shown the door at Indians after about 5 years where not much was being accomplished at Indiana.

He is making Tech a winner - that in itself will keep him around.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
I love watching all these bleeding-heart Bob Knight haters pee their pants whenever he uses a swear word. Get a life.

If Booby was the dictator of a middle eastern country, dubbya would have allready blasted his butt to oblivion.
If he were an Arab, I wouldn't put it past Bush...

·
Registered
442 Posts
The problem is he made a public incident with the guy running the freaking school.

If he demands his players keeps everything "in the locker room," why shouldn't he put to a similar standard to keep disagreements with the Chancellor private?

They should fire the bully's arse.

·
Registered
126 Posts
knight defenders???

So do you agree with the Tech fans that the Chancellor should be fired for telling Knight nice season.

Zealots are a funny breed. They will go to any length of idiocy to defend their viewpoint. Don't tell me Knight aint that bad, because he is that bad. The guy has not one ounce of honor or respect in his body. It is quite obvious that he appears to think that this is his world and we are all blessed to be living in it.

I thought it was funny how the Tech fans, were wanting the Chancellor fired - and then we could all come over here and make fun of how stupid they sounded.

But nooooooo. Some IU fans jump in the fray and now we get to laugh at how stupid they sound trying to defend that big buffoon.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I tell ya what... All you Knight Supporters go into your bosses office and treat them like he treats his bosses. Then walk out the front of where you work and scream people down. Let's see how long your "I am getting things done" excuse works with your boss.

Knight embarreses every university he is at. Somehow everyone that likes those universities likes him and yet they can't see what an embarasment he is to that university.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
LMAO.. I don't recall making a stance either way.. So don't label me.. I'm not a Knight defender nor am I condoning his action's.. I'm just a realist!.. Tech knew exactly what they were getting into to.. Knight's behaviour has been unacceptable for year's.. Yet.. It's been accepted in the college rank's for over 30 year's!.. Go figure.. Save your moral's speech, because there aren't many program's that hold them as the standard any more.. Winning at all cost's, come's with a price!.. Don't ya think?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey ISU fired it's coach when he had won 2 big 12 championships in a row. Had two number 2 seeds in the tourny so yes there are still moral university's out there. I wish Larry would have got to stay but ISU made it's choice to get rid of him.

Saying that I do agree the TT knew what they were hiring.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Hey ISU fired it's coach when he had won 2 big 12 championships in a row. Had two number 2 seeds in the tourny so yes there are still moral university's out there. I wish Larry would have got to stay but ISU made it's choice to get rid of him.
Hear me out.. Your talking about #2 seed's and Big 12 Title's!.. When you know, National Championship's are what define program's and coach's, these day's.. The only reason ISU fired Larry, was because he got caught!.. Lord know's, how long he had been partying and drinking with student's before his last trip to Columbia!.. To be honest with ya.. That situation actually saved his life.. I'm straying from my point, though.. Of course, there's Univ's out there that factor in moral's, when making coaching hire's/decision's.. But.. More time's than not.. There's more than enough room in the game for the like's of the Harrick's.. Tark.. Sutten.. Fisher.. Bliss.. Powers.. Kennedy and Haskins!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!
Then why doesnt everyone jump all over Bill Parcells? He is basically the same type of coach.
I've done all my Knight-bashing (three different posts, actually, & quite brutally) in the Big 12 forum. So I won't repeat it here. But is this the very definition of "grasping at straws"? Bill freaking Parcells. Coaches adult grown men who play football for money. No I can't imagine why people don't hold them to exactly the standards of behavior. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kawika</b>!

I've done all my Knight-bashing (three different posts, actually, & quite brutally) in the Big 12 forum. So I won't repeat it here. But is this the very definition of "grasping at straws"? Bill freaking Parcells. Coaches adult grown men who play football for money. No I can't imagine why people don't hold them to exactly the standards of behavior. :rolleyes:
Oh so if Knight was coaching in the NBA you wouldnt care when he goes on a tirade. That makes a lot of sense:rolleyes:
Oh and by the way his 5 game suspension was lifted. He gets his way again. Now you probably really hate him even more now dont you. It just burns you. Any player who has ever played for Knight has nothing to say but good things about him. He doesnt like the media and he gives them a hard time so the media makes him into this huge monster. You people act like he is everything that is wrong in the world. But the fact of the matter is that he wins and that is what gets you mad. If he is such a monster how can he recruit? How in the hell could he make Texas Tech a repsectable team?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts