Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect that we shall be less epically bad than we were last year, but hopefully bad enough to get the right ping pong ball this time. Our roster is pretty damned unimpressive. I figure that we are probably going to win between 15 and 25 games, something pretty bad at least. I have not thought too much about our chances tbh, because we need to be bad so that we can hopefully get a legit star in next year's draft.

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
You have time warner right? What channel is it

Edit never mind got it. Looks like right on time too. Shot clock violation bobcats ball 36 seconds left

·
Premium Member
3,456 Posts
Love the defense there to end the game. Stadium looked alive too.

1-0! And no more losing streak, wish I could have caught more of this

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I do not like Tyrus Thomas at all. There's no way to move him, short of amnestying him next summer(which I don't find likely), but I'd really like it if Charlotte made a move for a fourth big to replace him in the rotation. Kenyon Martin is supposedly looking to play anywhere for a minimum deal, and there is always the option of making a trade like Charlotte did with Ben Gordon, where they take on an undesirable contract in exchange for one or more picks. Who's got an overpaid but somewhat productive 4/5 they'd be looking to dump?

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tyrus' has an NBA body and the mind of a Special Olympian. Our front office got the gold medal in totally ****ing up on that trade.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
You're meant to be horrible this year. And potentially next year too.

You're so far away from being competitive, but at least you have some reasons to watch this year.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
This year and next year are only about developing young guys and stockpiling picks, but Kemba, MKG, and Biyombo can't learn too much if it's complete chaos out there. Charlotte should use the Diop and Carroll contracts to create another draft pick at some point.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
^ They're going to have to force the change and become the teachers. The players around them simply can't teach them a thing about a winning basketball culture.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I like the combo of Kemba and MKG. If you guys somehow lucked into a superstar in the draft, things could get pretty exciting.

If not, its going to be tough to keep the young core together long enough to be competitive.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
I like the combo of Kemba and MKG. If you guys somehow lucked into a superstar in the draft, things could get pretty exciting.
That's exactly what they need, a perennial all-star at shooting guard or either big spot(probably both, to tell the truth). Kemba needs to settle into his destined role as the third option on offense or top scorer off the bench, in the mold of Jason Terry; and MKG can be utility guy extraordinaire, like a Luol Deng or Iguodala. It's going to be a long building process, though.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Zeller or Shabazz fit what you need, but as mentioned, if it is the latter it would force Kemba into the PG or bench role player decision.

Zeller/Biyombo/MKG/Kemba/PG is very young but has a lot of potential.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know we got Heywood for pretty much nothing, but it does not really appear to be a bargain. The thought of paying him what he had been making is truly cringe-worthy. Of course we sort of want to suck in the most dignified way possible, so it's not entirely bad.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This has turned into a very good game tonight. Did not look like it was going to be competitive for awhile, but we have really been hitting shots here.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I know we got Heywood for pretty much nothing, but it does not really appear to be a bargain. The thought of paying him what he had been making is truly cringe-worthy. Of course we sort of want to suck in the most dignified way possible, so it's not entirely bad.
Guys a joke. I hope he somehow accidentally chokes on his championship ring.

The guy sat out games in the Finals, faking injury. Hes a god damn joke.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shannon Brown hit every damned thing he threw up in the second half. We actually look like a team though. We have played quite well at home so far. So far there is a lot of energy and hustle in this team, even if the talent is not nearly where it needs to be. Could not really speak to the Dallas game, since it was on during a somewhat more impactful college football game.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Yea, Charlotte easily could have won that game had Brown not turned into Reggie Miller for twenty minutes. If Henderson was out there they likely win, at least they play hard and get after teams on defense. As far as Haywood goes, the team needs him simply due to a lack of options: the alternative is Diop playing rotation minutes. This team needs a high-quality big man in the worst way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts