Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

I don't know what to make of this, except that we are losing.

That thing makes no sense to me is that we have a higher attendance than Atlanta, but we are ranked last?

Soo confused

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
This begs the question, why did they want another franchise here? If they couldn't fill the arena before, then what makes the NBA think that putting another team their would boost attendence? It baffles me...

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Because no wants to pay money to see a bunch of average players play. When we add more talented players the fans will follow.

·
Registered
726 Posts
DHarris34Phan said:
This begs the question, why did they want another franchise here? If they couldn't fill the arena before, then what makes the NBA think that putting another team their would boost attendence? It baffles me...
Because in case you forgot, the team that couldn't fill the arena before left. Before maybe 2000 they were one of the top franchises, including fan support. Then George Shinn ****ed up the team, and the fans boycotted. And now, they have an expansion team. It's a little bit hard for an expansion team to have a lot dedicated fans to start with, because it kind of takes more than 6 months for people to start liking the team. And it would also help if they were good. But it's also hard for an expansion team to start good, because it's basically a collection of people who no other teams wanted and Emeka Okafor. But if you wait a while, they'll stop being like that. They'll become a normal team, instead of an expansion team. Then they will have good attendance. Then they will be richer. Then the NBA will be richer. That's why they put another team there.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Gripni said:
Because in case you forgot, the team that couldn't fill the arena before left. Before maybe 2000 they were one of the top franchises, including fan support. Then George Shinn ****ed up the team, and the fans boycotted. And now, they have an expansion team. It's a little bit hard for an expansion team to have a lot dedicated fans to start with, because it kind of takes more than 6 months for people to start liking the team. And it would also help if they were good. But it's also hard for an expansion team to start good, because it's basically a collection of people who no other teams wanted and Emeka Okafor. But if you wait a while, they'll stop being like that. They'll become a normal team, instead of an expansion team. Then they will have good attendance. Then they will be richer. Then the NBA will be richer. That's why they put another team there.
good points....I didn't take into account what the former owners did to that franchise/city. Plus, when they get the new arena, and better players, then I will expect attendence to go up, but if it doesn't, then their is a serious problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts