Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meant to do this yesterday, but at least its before the CLips game!!!

Gerald Wallace looked like a completely different player to what I saw when he was on Sacto. He was hustling all over the place, tipping balls, grabbing offensive rebounds and making steals. A great hustle game. He had a Kmart like effect on the game, and looked like exactly the kind of player that Sacto has needed for years.

Primoz Brezec. Damn. What touch. Inside and out. Can't believe the Pacers let this guy go. That's two starting 7-foot Centers they have jettisoned to keep ancient Reggie Miller (they were deciding between him and Reggie for the last protected spot in the expansion draft). Wtf was Bird thinking?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
SeaNet said:

Gerald Wallace looked like a completely different player to what I saw when he was on Sacto. He was hustling all over the place, tipping balls, grabbing offensive rebounds and making steals. A great hustle game. He had a Kmart like effect on the game, and looked like exactly the kind of player that Sacto has needed for years.

Primoz Brezec. Damn. What touch. Inside and out. Can't believe the Pacers let this guy go. That's two starting 7-foot Centers they have jettisoned to keep ancient Reggie Miller (they were deciding between him and Reggie for the last protected spot in the expansion draft). Wtf was Bird thinking?
I don't think that the Bobcats would have picked up Reggie.

But I am not that impressed with Primoz. I think some of his production attributes to being on a bad team. Like how RJ's stats were ungodly when he was the only option.

I think Knight has become a better player, and Okafor is a beast. If injuries don't take their toll, I think he is a better PF then Brand.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
SeaNet said:

Are you saying that Primoz is a better player than Reggie?!?!?!
Reggie would have averaged 20 PPG in Charlotte. Just look what he's doing when Indi needs him. Damn, he easily outscored the NBA's best perimeter player in both ends (Kobe) by 27 points and won the Lakers (with a perfect game of 39 points in 36 minutes, 13-18 from the field, 3-5 from 3pt range and 10-10 from the lisne, if I may say).

Reactions: BizzyRipsta

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
X-JAY said:
Reggie would have averaged 20 PPG in Charlotte. Just look what he's doing when Indi needs him. Damn, he easily outscored the NBA's best perimeter player in both ends (Kobe) and won the Lakers.
I'm saying Reggie is the past. Primoz could have been the future. Teams that don't recognize when to move on from the past hamstring themselves. They already let Brad Miller go to keep Reggie, now they've let Primoz go to keep Reggie. Bad moves, IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
SeaNet said:
I'm saying Reggie is the past. Primoz could have been the future. Teams that don't recognize when to move on from the past hamstring themselves. They already let Brad Miller go to keep Reggie, now they've let Primoz go to keep Reggie. Bad moves, IMO.

Should've left Reggie unprotected, NO WAY Charotte picks him up.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
KingofNewark said:
I agree. THe Bobcat announcers were talking about how Indy was trying to get Charlotte not to pick up Brezec by paying them a couple of million, but the BobCats wouldn't bite, because they wanted the young 7-footer w/ touch. All I could think of was don't you think even if the BobCats wanted him (highly doubtful) that they would have taken that couple of million not to take Reggie?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Jason Hart- He can play...from Cuse, I didn't see this type of production coming but he can do it all...if he'd start he's a 16ppg, 7-8apg, and 5rpg guard IMO.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
X-JAY said:
Reggie would have averaged 20 PPG in Charlotte. Just look what he's doing when Indi needs him. Damn, he easily outscored the NBA's best perimeter player in both ends (Kobe) by 27 points and won the Lakers (with a perfect game of 39 points in 36 minutes, 13-18 from the field, 3-5 from 3pt range and 10-10 from the lisne, if I may say).
Reggie is awesome, no doubt, but what makes you think the Bobcats would had picked him? What was the oldest player they drafted?

-Petey

·
Registered
510 Posts
Bobcats are very good.........I can not beleive why their record is so bad?!!!

KNIGHT is a GREAAAAAAAAAAAAT player. I enjoyed his game. Top notch point gaurd. Brezic is also good. Okafur was OK. He will never be a super star however. Hart showes a lot Heart.

A nice team to root for. :clap:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Well those are the only 3 players they can count on night in, night out... and they are no JKidd, Carter or Krstic.

-Petey

·
Registered
210 Posts
Brevin Knight- hes averaging 8.9 assists per game this year and only plays 29 minutes a game, hes also number one in assists per turnover at 4.23.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
KingofNewark said:
I disagree, I think there's no way Charlotte doesn't pick an unprotected Reggie Miller. What team that has any aspirations to contend wouldn't throw a sweetened-up (promising youngster, pick) expiring contract for Reggie?

The Pacers made the right move at the time, but with the Artest-fiasco ruining Pacers title-hopes, keeping Brezek would have turned out better. He's showed that he can be a solid contributor.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Bobot said:
Brevin Knight- hes averaging 8.9 assists per game this year and only plays 29 minutes a game, hes also number one in assists per turnover at 4.23.
Jerzey boy. Saw him play as a sophomore in high school, and have been a fan since.

Welcome to the board, by the way. :)

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
knight with another 15 assist outing tonight

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
SeaNet said:
Bad moves IMO too, but Reggie is...... Reggie. A real franchise player and an all-time great. Even if he's not exactly in his prime, he gets the honor, and that's why he will start over S Jackson.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts