Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Season starts this week, let's hear everyone's bold predictions so we can look back and laugh at ourselves in January.

• Louisville wins 10+ games
  • Logan Thomas is a Heisman finalist
  • Georgia completes an undefeated regular season
  • Miami (FL) wins no more than 5 games
  • Colin Klein rushes for 30+ TD as a QB, but Kansas State doesn't enjoy the success it did last year
  • Notre Dame wins 10 games despite brutal schedule
  • Mike Glennon throws 40+ TD
  • Michigan takes a step back in Brady Hoke's second year
  • Stanford doesn't make a bowl game after back-to-back BCS games

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Alabama, LSU, and USC will lose at least five games combined and ESPN will be forced to acknowledge that there are other good teams playing college football.

DeAnthony Thomas will win the Heisman.

Paul Finnebaum will say something stupid.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Tyler Bray is a top 3 finalist for the Heisman.
LSU loses 3 games this year.
Alabama loses 4.
Georgia goes undefeated and brings home yet another National Title for the SEC.
Notre Dame loses to Georgia in the title game.
Miami FL wins 13 overall games losing only to Notre Dame.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Miami FL wins 13 overall games losing only to Notre Dame.
Whoa, I can see all your other predictions but what the hell? Vegas has the over/under on their wins at about 6.5 or 7. Their schedule is not easy. What do you know that nobody else does?

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
I know they'll probably suck but if they don't I'll look like a genius! If they do suck, then oh well I was wrong. :D

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know right, I almost apologized to you for my prediction in the original post.

I already know FSU isn't going anywhere -- Herbstreit, Pollack, Steele and Packer have all picked us to win the BCS title. :favre:

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Stepfan Taylor rushes for 2,000+ yards and wins the Heisman
Stanford wins the Pac-12 North

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Alabama only goes 9-4 in a semi-rebuilding year.

Texas wins 11 games.

Notre Dame plays in a BCS game.

Teddy Bridgewater becomes a Heisman finalist.

Matt Barkley gets injured and misses a large portion of the season.

NC State plays in the ACC championship game.

Pitt wins 8 games.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Honestly, **** all of you picking ND to do good, jinxes.

For real, ND is lucky to win 6 games and Kelly gets canned and we hire a homerun.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
I know right, I almost apologized to you for my prediction in the original post.

I already know FSU isn't going anywhere -- Herbstreit, Pollack, Steele and Packer have all picked us to win the BCS title. :favre:
Really weird since your choking has been just as bad as Clemson's for the last 15 years.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Really weird since your choking has been just as bad as Clemson's for the last 15 years.
Not really, we've just haven't been very good and overrated the majority of those years, particularly during "The Lost Decade". I'd say we choked and undereachieved in 2003 and 2011, but most of those other teams just weren't very good. Heck, Bowden probably overachieved just keeping our bowl streak alive during my time at FSU with Drew Weatherford/Xavier Lee at QB.

Oh, and we've been down long enough it doesn't need to be exaggerated into 15 years. We have a national title and three BCS title game appearances in the last 15 seasons.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts