Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
bonaking101
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the way this team is playing defense to go with athleticism & length that they posses, I wouldn't want to be playing us right now! This team is improving rapidly and if they can carry this forward and win the tournament, who knows how far they can go?

These freshmen are special. We all know how good Osun & Kyle are, but the key has been the emergence of Dom Welch. He is showing a quiet confidence and maturity in his game that has given this team another option, which was badly needed. It's going to be an interesting next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was sure this guy was a troll. Then I wasn't so sure. Now I'm again pretty sure. At least i hope he is.
His first post on the Bandwagon was in Dec 2016, when he said

"We stink. We should be killing these guys! Typical of a Mark Schmidt team. Can't wait to get him out of Bona's!!!"

I think his posts went downhill from there, he hasn't posted on the bandwagon for quite awhile, at least by that "name". His first post on this forum was geared to be inflammatory toward most readers.

·
Piker
8,601 Posts
The Bonnies have to play at the Smith Center today. I would be interested in knowing the shooting percentage of visiting teams at that gym. The LED strips are right behind the basket and they flash the entire game.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Don't know the shooting percentage, but Bona is 1-17 at the Smith Center over the last 30 years, so I imagine it isn't stellar, even before the LEDs were installed.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Very well. I love hearing the Let’s Go Bona chant in opposing gyms. The announcers were commenting on the large Bona contingent, and how well Bona fans travel.
One of my proudest moments as a fan was when Bona was up a dozen in the final 40 seconds or so, and I got the Bona Faithful to all chant "You Can't Win Here..."

... at a road game.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'll say this much, the Bonnies are the one team I definitely don't want the Dukes to play in the A10 tournament.

·
Registered
883 Posts
https://cbbcentral.com/2019/03/04/march-manifesto-picks-for-every-conference-tournament/

Atlantic Ten:

Champion: St. Bonaventure

Just 15 teams rate higher in Haslametrics’ momentum rankings than the Bonnies, who are playing their best basketball of the season at the right time.
How did Bona's get so good?
Freshman Osun Osunniyi has completely revolutionized this group’s interior defense– as a result, Bona is playing the best defense they’ve ever played under Mark Schmidt. Throw in a pair of senior stars in Courtney Stockard & LaDarien Griffin along with a dynamic young point guard in Kyle Lofton, and you’ve got a nucleus that could push anyone in this league.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Well, if Kevin Sweeney, of Northeastern U's campus radio station says it's the Bonnies, who's to argue? Granted, he probably doesn't have the genius of Jon Rothstein, but he'll get there, I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts