Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
La Salle needs to win a game because it is become more and more clear to me that St. Bonaventure is the worst team in this league not La Salle or Richmond.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
MinutemenDynasty said:
The A-10 wants teams in the tournament... then kick St. Bonaventure out of the league. UMass RPI dropped 6 places from a 40 point win tonight.
Whaaaaaaaaaa.... There is no doubt that the Bonnies are not that good, but how about winning at home against Miami, winning at URI (like they should have), perhaps showing up (at home) against BC, and maybe not allowing UK to have a 17-0 run and end the game barely before it really got going?

Every conference has a team that will drag down the conference (some more than others) someone has to come in last place every year. Stop pointing the finger at Olean and look at what did, and did not, happen in Amherst.

The Umass board is whining about this crap too. I love Umass, and I go to every home game plus any others I can get to. I have seen enough up and down play this year to know that Umass can only point the finger at themselves.

STOP BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Xavier saw a similar RPI drain after playing Richmond and we'll see it again after ending La Salle's season a week from Sunday. Playing URI helps, as will Dayton and SJU.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Knobby said:
Whaaaaaaaaaa.... There is no doubt that the Bonnies are not that good, but how about winning at home against Miami, winning at URI (like they should have), perhaps showing up (at home) against BC, and maybe not allowing UK to have a 17-0 run and end the game barely before it really got going?

Every conference has a team that will drag down the conference (some more than others) someone has to come in last place every year. Stop pointing the finger at Olean and look at what did, and did not, happen in Amherst.

The Umass board is whining about this crap too. I love Umass, and I go to every home game plus any others I can get to. I have seen enough up and down play this year to know that Umass can only point the finger at themselves.

Well said.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ditto. Ford and Staff knew that SBU was in for another rough year and that there was nothing they could do about that. But they had some control over the non-conference portion of the schedule. I have no sympathy for a team that ducks natural rivals like Holy Cross for RPI killers like St Francis of NY or Jacksonville State.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hey guys, UD did it right! Win 10 games in OOC so even as we sink down the A10 standings everyone else gets a nice RPI boost.

Can't help ourselves, so lets help our league mates.

Doesn't seem very satisfying though...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
X-band '01 said:
Xavier saw a similar RPI drain after playing Richmond and we'll see it again after ending La Salle's season a week from Sunday. Playing URI helps, as will Dayton and SJU.
LaSalle has a 2 game winning streak against X and I don't believe they will be ending the Explorers season as they could pick up home wins against both GW (since the Explorers have a full week of rest and the same amount of time to prepare) and X (they will be motivated to beat the pre-season fav).

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
you really are delusional steve

like i said before the season started, i'm going to enjoy the sweep

·
Registered
371 Posts
Knobby said:

I couldn't agree more. It hurts everyone when we have teams with poor RPIs, however if you took care of business earlier on you wouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
ktabz16 said:
you really are delusional steve

like i said before the season started, i'm going to enjoy the sweep
The Explorers ended your long home winning streak last season so maybe I am still delusional from that! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Hey Steve, can you tell me the story again about how LaSalle was #6 in the RPI for one day back in November?

Seriously, Xavier's line will be at least 20 and if you think LaSalle can do better against the Muskies than Rhode Island did you need to check yourself into rehab because you are on something.

xu95

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
xu95 said:
Hey Steve, can you tell me the story again about how LaSalle was #6 in the RPI for one day back in November?

Seriously, Xavier's line will be at least 20 and if you think LaSalle can do better against the Muskies than Rhode Island did you need to check yourself into rehab because you are on something.

xu95
:yay:
All I can tell you is that you will we be worried at least until the final few minutes of the game.

·
Registered
286 Posts
ExplorerSteve said:
:yay:
All I can tell you is that you will we be worried at least until the final few minutes of the game.
No. No he won't. Xavier will stomp LaSalle like in Mario 3 on that one level where you can get the boot that can hop on anything. Anybody know what I'm talking about?!?!?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts