Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a VCU fan, and come January 12 I will be heading to beautiful Olean, NY to watch my Rams take on St. Bonaventure. To any Bonnies fans: is there a good (or serviceable) bar within walking distance to the Reilly Center that I can water myself at prior to the game? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Skellar is a bar on the Bona campus which is probably your best bet. I assume it will be open an hour or two before the game, but I am not 100% sure.

A lot of students are coming back a day early for the game, so I assume the 'skellar should be open. Prices for drinks are good, and they have some food down there too like quesadillas and burgers.

The Rathskeller is located beneath the Hickey Dining hall and by Shay/Lo Hall. (Number 18 on the map)**

https://www.sbu.edu/uploadedFiles/About/Visit_SBU/Area/campus_map.pdf

Save travels

-BonaMan2013

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Plenty of good bars in Allegany and Olean proper. You can always grab one of Olean's two cabs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think a lot of people just want to have a weekend to go out before the semester starts back up. If there was no game, some students would still come back early, but having a big game like VCU is giving students an added incentive to come back a day earlier.

Plus, it didn't hurt the Schmidt came into the Hickey the week before we left and was asking all students to come back a day early from their breaks.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I'm a VCU fan, and come January 12 I will be heading to beautiful Olean, NY to watch my Rams take on St. Bonaventure. To any Bonnies fans: is there a good (or serviceable) bar within walking distance to the Reilly Center that I can water myself at prior to the game? Thanks in advance for your help!
We'll see if your definition of "beautiful" has changed after a visit to Olean. If you want to have some beers, not worry about driving, and get to the game right on time I'd suggest getting to SBU, parking, and going to the Rathskellar. Not sure where you hail from, but paying for 2 beers with a 5 dollar bill should be refreshing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am originally from NYC, though I grew up in Richmond, and my dad's family is from central NY so it's definitely a part of the country I'm familiar with! Thanks for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts