Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no it didn't happen yet but i want you guys to think of some sign and trade deals that would get him here not invloving Brad Miller Artest or Tinsley.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah i forgot no JO! i was thinking a few days ago of Croshere Mercer Harrington Bender for Bonzi Kemp and a Future First but the Kemp waving messed it up.

·
Registered
450 Posts
how about j oneal and miller for bonzi(sign and trade)?

(PS pacers fan, no offense, but almost every trade you post looks like this one, just to the pacers benefit instead of the blazers.... i know you love your team, but please use ur common sense when posting trades)

ANYWAYS....

bonzi wouldnt even fit in well with the pacers as reggie has the starting sg spot solidified, and i dont think the pacers would be too hot on moving either harrington or bender out of rotation...
in all, keep dreaming :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
please dont regard the earlier reply as a flame, as i intended it not to be

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Yeah, I don't think the Blazers will load up on scrubs for him... I think they will want some quality too... in return.

-Petey

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Mercer: 10ppg on the bench when he gets to play
Croshere: He is still very good, Thomas just doesn't play him
Harrington: Up and coming...will be good

These guys are definitely not scrubs

Chris Dudley is a scrub

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
A scrub is someone unwanted... yes they are scrubs cause you feel that their value is lower then Bonzi otherwise you won't trade them for him... Seriously as noted above, why not JO? I think alot of people here have dreams made up in their minds that will go through because money matches up or whatever. There are few teams able to take on contract, agreed the Blazers are one of them, but I doubt they are going to give up Bonzi for Mercer, I doubt they would give him up for Croshere or Harrington.

There is a reason why Croshere won't play... I am not a Pacers fan I can admit, but his play hasn't dazed when he had the chance, otherwise I am sure Thomas would have played him... Are you telling me there was no blow outs where they were highly up or down there Croshere and Harrington got major minutes?

Also Mercer... the guy that everyone claimed was overpaid, and the only guy willing to take the Bull's money a few years ago, now that he is a Pacer, this guy is worth a Bonzi Wells?

Bonzi Wells is no Kobe, or Carter, but he is worth more then a few guys off your bench. Perhaps put yourself in the shoes of the Blazer fan and then see if you like this trade.

-Petey

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pacers Fan</b>!
no it didn't happen yet but i want you guys to think of some sign and trade deals that would get him here not invloving Brad Miller Artest or Tinsley.

Hell No you want Bonzi, You need to give up something and so far your not willing to let anybody worth something go.

Austin Croshere no tanks guy sucks and overpaid.

Jonthan Bender he's okay could be good but could be a bust if he doesent improve dramatically.

Ron Mercer no thank you no defense overpaid.

Al Harrigton well i like him but he's not worth Bonzi Wells.

So here's my TRADE if you want Bonzi.

Pacers get
Bonzi Wells
1st round pick
Zack andolph

Blazers get
Ron Artest
Jonathan Bender or Al Harrington

Seems like a good trade for me.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see my plan in the future is to have the toughest C in the league (miller) and match him with JO and with the defense of Artest and explosiveness of Bonzi matched with Tinsley they'res no stoppinmg them but i say we trade Harrington Mercer Freddie Jones for Wells and someone on their roster that's overpaid.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Petey

You dont think Harrington got any major minutes? He was blowing everyone else out of the water for the 6th man award before he went down. You need to be more knowligable about what you say. I personaly dont want Bonzi on our team. He wouldnt fit in, and would have to come off the bench until Reggie retires. I would not trade Harrington for him, he is part of our future with JO, Tinsley and Brad.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Re: Re: Bonzi to the Pacers!

Originally posted by <b>BOB WHITSIT</b>!

Hell No you want Bonzi, You need to give up something and so far your not willing to let anybody worth something go.

Austin Croshere no tanks guy sucks and overpaid.

Jonthan Bender he's okay could be good but could be a bust if he doesent improve dramatically.

Ron Mercer no thank you no defense overpaid.

So here's my TRADE if you want Bonzi.

Pacers get
Bonzi Wells
1st round pick
Zack andolph

Blazers get
Ron Artest
Jonathan Bender or Al Harrington

Seems like a good trade for me.
good Trade!!! But why woudl the Blazers want Ron Artest and Bender or Harrington??? Harrington May be.

They already have Anderson and Paterson who is a "Kobe Stopper".

Plus, Zandolph is too good to give away. They don't want to make the same O'Neal mistake.

The only reason i see the Pacers can get both Bonzi and Zack is that they'll have to give up either O'Neal or Miller (don't worry not Reggie -- the other miller :).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Bonzi to the Pacers!

Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!

good Trade!!! But why woudl the Blazers want Ron Artest and Bender or Harrington??? Harrington May be.

They already have Anderson and Paterson who is a "Kobe Stopper".

Plus, Zandolph is too good to give away. They don't want to make the same O'Neal mistake.

The only reason i see the Pacers can get both Bonzi and Zack is that they'll have to give up either O'Neal or Miller (don't worry not Reggie -- the other miller :).

Why would the Blazers do that well the Key to the deal would be Harrigton, because he's a rising star and can play small forward or Power Forward, Blazers dont have anybackup power forwards and no small forwards after Pippen. Patterson can play 2 guard or small forward. Also Artest is very good young player.

Bender has alot of potential so i could see the Blazers having some interest in him.

For example if this deal were too go down well the Blazers would probably follow it up with a Derek Anderson for Marcus Camby trade.

Pippen is in his last year so the Log Jams at the small forward spot would be only for 1 year.

Blazers would have interest in Brad Miller but i hear the Pacers like him so i dont think they could get him.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bonzi to the Pacers!

Why would the Blazers do that well the Key to the deal would be Harrigton, because he's a rising star and can play small forward or Power Forward, Blazers dont have anybackup power forwards and no small forwards after Pippen. Patterson can play 2 guard or small forward. Also Artest is very good young player.

Bender has alot of potential so i could see the Blazers having some interest in him.

For example if this deal were too go down well the Blazers would probably follow it up with a Derek Anderson for Marcus Camby trade.

Pippen is in his last year so the Log Jams at the small forward spot would be only for 1 year.

Blazers would have interest in Brad Miller but i hear the Pacers like him so i dont think they could get him.

Yeah but you might be right the Blazers might not give up Bonzi and Randolph, to Pacers unless they could get Brad Miller or JO.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Re: Re: Bonzi to the Pacers!

I think he will end up just as good, if not better than Wells. I say this mainly because of his defense (exceptional), strength and ballhandling skills. He is a future all-star.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Bonzi to the Pacers!

Originally posted by <b>absolutebest</b>!

I think he will end up just as good, if not better than Wells. I say this mainly because of his defense (exceptional), strength and ballhandling skills. He is a future all-star.

I like Harrington but i dont think he's worth Bonzi right now.

He has good defense but so does Bonzi, He has great streght tho. But he doesent have great ball handling skills yet.

Another thing he doesent have a 3 point shot.

If you look at Bonzi and his game there's probably nothing he can't do, he can do all offense and defense.

That said i would trade Harrignton for Bonzi but the Pacers need add another quality player cause, Harrington for Bonzi is not enough for the Blazers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pacers Fan</b>!
Blazers get:

AL
Foster
Jones

Pacers get:

Bonzi
Randolph

Pacer fan i like this deal alot. I think the Blazers would do this deal and i think the Pacers would do this also.

Great trade Pacer Fan one of the best i've seen.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts