Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Dodigago said:
woah he's still averaging 8.5 RPG, wtf lol
Hes being really gritty and agressive, he seems to always be around the basket. Bonzi is also very strong and easily out muscles smaller guards to get better postion.

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Go figure - The Kings are the only team in the NBA to have a shooting guard (Wells) leading in rebounds (8.5) and a center (Miller) leading in assists (6.3). While Miller dishing from the high post is nothing new, Wells' production on the glass is. Former King Doug Christie never tallied more than 5.4 rebounds per game in a Sacramento season, while his replacement - Cuttino Mobley - provided 3.9 with the Kings last season. Overall, the Kings are the sixth-worst rebounding team.

"Some guys rebound the ball, but he goes out and gets it," Adelman said.

"He reminds me of an awful lot of a guy I played with in (Utah coach) Jerry Sloan, who was the best rebounding guard I ever saw. Jerry, wherever he was on the court, had a great sense of where the ball was going to hit, where was coming out, and he pursued it. And Bonzi's the same way. He watches the ball and goes and gets it."
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/13911194p-14749614c.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts