Who is the better player

• Carlos Boozer

Votes: 71 39.0%
  • Amare Stoudamire

Votes: 111 61.0%

Boozer or Amare?

6K views 121 replies 63 participants last post by  Mr. Hobbes 
#1 ·
Which of the two would you rather have? Amare is a highlight reel but I think Carlos is the more polished player and contributes more. Over the last 9 games The Cavs are 6-3 and Los is averaging 22 ppg and 16rbs.

#4 ·
Re: OK

Originally posted by <b>Unlimitedgame</b>!
Why couldnt Boozer turn into a superstar?? He is averaging a double double in his second year in the league and was a secound round pick. He is also a top 5 rebounder already!!
His numbers are great...he plays with heart, but has not the talent, and not the size to be a dominant player.. i see him like an incredible contributor, maybe also an all-star in the east, but I repeat than Amare is another thing. Of course IMHO

#7 ·
Re: Re: OK

Originally posted by <b>MagnusPinus</b>!

His numbers are great...he plays with heart, but has not the talent, and not the size to be a dominant player.. i see him like an incredible contributor, maybe also an all-star in the east, but I repeat than Amare is another thing. Of course IMHO
Boozer has more talent than Amare, period, end of story. He hits fadeaway 15 footers with regularity, and has good if not great moves in the post. Amare is all athletiscm and has very limited basketball skills IMO.

#8 ·
Re: ben

Originally posted by <b>Unlimitedgame</b>!
So Ben Wallace isnt dominant on the Boards or on defense? He is only 6-9? Charles Barkly wasnt dominant as a 6-5 PF?? Not a good argument at all. And if he is so undersized and doesnt have talent than how is he putting up those numbers??:yes:
Ben is dominant on d, but on offense u often play 4 vs 5.(personally I don't consider him a superstar). I mean, I like Boozer, is for sure a good player, but he has not a very various offensive game... I'll take Amare everyday.. I see on him an incredible potential that I don't see in a mature guy like Boozer.. And I haven't said he has not talent, because isn't true but i've said he has not a superstar talent..Then there is the athletism that is in favor of Amare(even if Carlos is a good talent..)..
U have not to double team a guy like Boozer(this is another aspect)..
The bumbers are not everything.. u got to remember this.

#10 ·
Amare, and its not even close imo. Sure, booz is great and is doing better than him this year, but i dont see much room for him to get better. Amare has the talent to be one of the top players in the league...id rather have him

#11 ·
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
Amare, and its not even close imo. Sure, booz is great and is doing better than him this year, but i dont see much room for him to get better. Amare has the talent to be one of the top players in the league...id rather have him
this is a part of what I wanted to say.. u were quick and shyntetical.. u focused on the point.. Amare has everythink to be a top player.. I don't think Carlos does.

#13 ·
not even close

I honestly don't see where there is a comparison!!!

AMare is head and shoulders above Carlos!!!

First just because he sprained his ankle, and has not played, doesn't mean he isn't progressing. Carlos is also a year older, and it seems that he is pretty much topping out at where he is

Amare on the other hand improves with every game. Yes he doesn't hit the mid-range jumper consistently yet, BUT he still SCORES 20 a game!!! Anyone who can score 20 a game inside without a shot, is a special player.

Amare is young enough and improving that in a year he will hit that shot, and watch out everyone!! Stoudemire with a shot is a SCARY SCARY superstar!!

#14 ·
boozer vs stoudemire

makes a good comparison because they are differant kind of players and also have similar impact. boozer is your basic fundamental, go to college guy, that plays well in the framework of the offense, i do think he has more room to develope, amare is an out of highschool guy who doesnt rely on fundamentals as much as raw ability. amare is much more explosive. i dont think either one is a number one option type player but both can be a piece to a championship. i'll take either one and be happy.

#15 ·
Amare probably, but he's been injured a few times this season, which makes me question his health.

#17 ·
I'd have to see the new and improved Boozer play Amare to know for sure. Last time they played each other, Amare made Boozer look like second round garbage. It was embarrassing. So I'm not going to be so quick to make that mistake again.

Amare needs to get his *** off the injured list though. Like Charles Barkley said, that's quickly becoming the knock on that kid.

#19 ·
Right now, boozer... Kid can do it all
Peple can say he has no room to improve, but once he gets the mid range jumper down like Malone did, he can be a complete beast... I think he's going to the all star game next year for sure

Amare has better defensive potential though

#20 ·
Well it is pretty easy to bag on Amare and take Boozer right now considering how well he's been playing and how Amare has had an injury plagued season..

It depends on what team you're talking about.. I think Boozer would be better than Amare for a team who has a lot of offense. He could be a reliable 3rd scorer and an enforcer who for years will be near the top of the league in rebounding.. But I think Amare has a chance to be a first tier PF.. Boozer is already very polished, where will he top out?

The fact that Amare averages 16ppg with such a limited array of offensive moves (though it's improving) should scare people, but instead Stoudemire continually gets the cold shoulder.

#21 ·
Boozer has improved greatly this year, but Amare still has more upside. Boozer is not very athletic, but is a good post player. Amare is also younger.

If I was a GM, I would want Amare.

#23 ·
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
Boozer has improved greatly this year, but Amare still has more upside. Boozer is not very athletic, but is a good post player. Amare is also younger.

If I was a GM, I would want Amare.
Yeah I agree. Boozer is a very good player and is such a workhorse. But Amare has that star potential written all over him..

#24 ·
wow. I like the Cavs and all. And I really like Boozer. But I question whether some of you have seen Amare play. Let alone seen Amare and Boozer on the floor against one another. It's like day and night.

Amare is far more athletic than Boozer. And he plays the game with even more intensity. Which is saying a lot.

I agree, a lot of people are bagging on Amare since he is injured and Boozer is hot right now. It's kind of shortsighted right now.

#26 ·
Boozer is a better rebounder, shooter, passer and has better post moves. Amare is much more athletic and explosive giving him more potential but right now right now I think Boozer is the better player.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.