Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
yeah but aren't we talking about watching teams?
I personally don't think watching arguably the best player in the game is boring at all. Plus, watching a team that wins 70% of their games isn't really boring to me. However, if you are not a Spurs fan, I can understand why you might think the Spurs are boring, but I do not know how watching the Wizards is more thrilling than watching the Spurs.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
If we're talking from the view of a person who has no team affiliation, they I'd say we're probably among the bottom 3-4 in the league in terms of being fun to watch. We don't have much in the way of name-known players, we don't execute very well at all, we struggle to score in most games, most of our games are blowouts, and we have little flashiness.

From a fan of the team though, it's not nearly that bad. It's a little bit of a downer to have two of our best players out, but we are giving a lot of minutes to our young guys, many of which are playing pretty well. We're going to have a high draft pick, which is always good. Since we are playing so poor, when we do get a win, it probably feels better for us than a win does for a fan of another team. It's not like we're in a situation like the Knicks, with a lot of overpriced veterans on our squad with little hope for the future. We are full of young, talented players, which bodes well for next season and beyond (... hopefully :D).

On a related note to the Spurs thing, I never understood why they were boring to so many. Besides having one of the most enjoyable players in the game in terms of being fun to watch in Ginobili, they have a speedy PG in Parker and the supergreat Duncan to watch. Duncan may not do between the legs dribble or no look passes, but I personally find his dominance using only the most basic of moves to be a good watch -- maybe I'm in the minority there though.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
the MVP of the league is quite possibly the most boring player in the NBA. he's SO fundamental that it makes him SO boring to watch. it's like watching a 7-8 year old game. all they do is bank.

:sleep:

·
do better
41,522 Posts
I wouldn't consider him Boring. The players aren't out to entertain anyone, or at least aren't supposed to be. They are trying to win games. And jumping over 3 defenders on the way to a dunk does just as much as a jump hook.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but I don't think Fundamentals are boring at all. It's what the game is built on.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
There is more to boring than the absence of high flying dunks.... Boring is turnover after turnover, and no organized offense to speak of. That is boring. Boring is standing around on defense... When stuff like that happens, that just makes me turn the channel. So I rarely can stomach many Hawks games.... because all they do is stand around and do iso's. What kind of offense is that??

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
There is more to boring than the absence of high flying dunks.... Boring is turnover after turnover, and no organized offense to speak of. That is boring. Boring is standing around on defense... When stuff like that happens, that just makes me turn the channel. So I rarely can stomach many Hawks games.... because all they do is stand around and do iso's. What kind of offense is that??
I agree completely, which is why I think we'd have to be one of the most boring teams in the league to non-Wiz fans. Everything you wrote applies to us as well as the Hawks.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Haha i agree the Spurs are boring to watch. Its hard to say why but even with people like Ginobli theyre probably the last team i want to watch :dead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts