Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you Hawks fans think of Diaw. I've only seen him 2 or 3 times, but I think he looks really good. He surprised me with his ball-handling and work on the defensive end. He can use work on offense, but overall do you think he's going to make it big in ATL?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Diaw is a strange kind of player. He is fundamentally a team first player ,which is quite rare nowdays. I know him for at least 4 years , when was playing in France (Insep) He was already truly unselfish. The issue was the same it is now:
-Is he able to become sort of a point forward?
- Can he turn into a respectable threat offensively?
I really like Diaw and 'im convinced that he has enough talent to make it in the league. but to what extent? what sort of player should he become? A stopper , comparable to bruce bowen? (he is still far from having the same shoot from beyond the arc but he has a great bball IQ).
One thing for sure is that he must continue to work actively on his jay . if not , he will be rapidly scooted and his game impact will be dramatically limited. Lately , he seemed to struggle offensively even more than in the season begining.

·
Registered
459 Posts
As his jumper improves, I see Diaw developing into a poor man's Scottie Pippen. He can defend and has terrific court sense. What he lacks is a long range jumper and aggressiveness on the offensive end. He is still smart enough to realize his limitations and play within them, as he is a 48% shooter on the year.

He's already the smartest player on the Hawks team.

·
Registered
303 Posts
is he really that smart?

havent got the chance to watch him, hawks games are never on TV but... everyone says how great a team player he is. which I'd hope so, because his stats are all-around atrocious. the worst in the league for starters, or near there.

is he startng by default, b/c dion glover sucks?

·
Registered
657 Posts
offensives stats are quite atrocious but otherwise it's ok. And stats have to be taken in account but they don't win games. Diaw is a great defender and a team player. stats don't mind for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts