Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LETS LOOK CLOSER INTO DANNYS AINGE WORDS:

``One thing that we do have that has been discussed is Chris Mills' contract, which is a situation where a lot of people would like to get that and get off a player's contract,'' Ainge said. ``There's a lot of teams out there hoping to be in the Kobe Bryant sweepstakes this summer and they might want to get rid of a halfway decent player - a player that can come in and contribute to us greatly. So that's one possibility.''

However, he doesn't want an older player, he wants someone who would be the team for at least a few years.

``I don't want to go get Kevin Willis or Cliff Robinson, but, I mean,I would like to get a player that would be with us for a few years. But if somebody is 30 and healthy, I wouldn't hesitate.''

---------------------------------------------------------------------
So there is going to be a trade!
I looked what possible thade scenarios are on this board and almost all are not realistic. So I studied the whole NBA and found out that there are not a lot teams that can deal with boston.

The list ended with SAS, and it looks like that:

Boston trades:
Chris Mills

San Antonio trades:
PF Malik Rose
PG Jason Hart
C Kevin Willis

It works: Trade ID number 1476570

why it is realistic:

----------
BOS:
-wants something good for Mills contract
-Get Rose who looks like just what Ainge wants
(29 years,energy,great rebounder)+his salary is not high

His stats this year when he played more than 30 minutes:

Dec 01 at Clippers 33min 26p 11r
Nov 08 vs Mavericks 41min 20p 22r
Nov 06 vs Lakers 44min 15p 8r
Nov 04 vs Heat 34min 14p 11r
Nov 03 at Grizzlies 30min 10p 9r

-Willis and Hart contract expires

--------
SAS:
-Rose has a contract for 4 more years+there are no minutes for him under the boards(Duncan, Nesterovic,Horry)
-Sas want to get rid of his contract to clear as much sallary cup to make a run on Bryant

Lets look at the Bryant scenario:
SAS:
-Players under contract:
Duncan(6),Nesterovic(5),Parker(2),Horry(1),
Bowen(1),Turkoglu(1), Brown(1)

-Expiering contracts:
Mercer,Mills,Marks,Ward,Garcia and GINOBILI

So SAS cleared enough salary cap for bryant..and now can gamble-even if they cant sign Bryant they stil can sign Ginobili
-----------

IT WORKS PERFECTLY FOR BOTH!!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
joke

That is a horrible trade. The spurs would never do that. Just give away 3 players for nothing!! Horry is done after this year. Rose will be a contributer for a long time.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well, I mentioned this trade in another thread. Rose is an interesting player and given the chance could help the Celtics with his rebounding, hustle and heart. But then again, we have someone like Hunter on the bench...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>Unlimitedgame</b>!
Just give away 3 players for nothing!! Horry is done after this year. Rose will be a contributer for a long time.
It looks more like one player (rose) for a chance to get Bryant.

But looking the last night game SAC:SAS stats it looks more like
a trade nothing for nothing

Malik Rose DNP
Kevin Willis DNP
Jason Hart IL

SO THINK FIRST AND THAN POST REPLY THAT MAKES SENSE!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>theBirdman</b>!
But then again, we have someone like Hunter on the bench...
Ok...all the time I hear abou Hunter (how he can rebound, hustle...) but who knows if he can develop in good player.
It was almost identical years ago with first Fortson, Moiso itd...

So I would make a trade and get Rose (Hunter has than time to develop- 25min a game..supose that Mihm and Rose play around 35min ...and when he is ready takes over the PF spot)

It sems like a nice scenario!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LUMPI-44</b>!

It looks more like one player (rose) for a chance to get Bryant.

But looking the last night game SAC:SAS stats it looks more like
a trade nothing for nothing

Malik Rose DNP
Kevin Willis DNP
Jason Hart IL

SO THINK FIRST AND THAN POST REPLY THAT MAKES SENSE!!!
Hey lumpi, we all have our opinons.. If you want to propose trades expect your lumps.. :D

I guess if danny said he did not want older players he was bluffing???

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Well they have to get McCarty off the floor. I still have faith in Hunter, biut if they don't think Brandon is the answer then I'll take almost anyone who can get a rebound now and then.

Malik Rose would be a great addition so long as they don't bury him on the bench and keep playing Waltah.

Frankly I've given up hope. I think we are stuck with McCarty forever. He's eternal, like being in hell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts