Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LETS LOOK CLOSER INTO DANNYS AINGE WORDS:

``One thing that we do have that has been discussed is Chris Mills' contract, which is a situation where a lot of people would like to get that and get off a player's contract,'' Ainge said. ``There's a lot of teams out there hoping to be in the Kobe Bryant sweepstakes this summer and they might want to get rid of a halfway decent player - a player that can come in and contribute to us greatly. So that's one possibility.''

However, he doesn't want an older player, he wants someone who would be the team for at least a few years.

``I don't want to go get Kevin Willis or Cliff Robinson, but, I mean,I would like to get a player that would be with us for a few years. But if somebody is 30 and healthy, I wouldn't hesitate.''

---------------------------------------------------------------------
So there is going to be a trade!
I looked what possible thade scenarios are on this board and almost all are not realistic. So I studied the whole NBA and found out that there are not a lot teams that can deal with boston.

The list ended with SAS, and it looks like that:

Boston trades:
Chris Mills

San Antonio trades:
PF Malik Rose
PG Jason Hart
C Kevin Willis

It works: Trade ID number 1476570

why it is realistic:

----------
BOS:
-wants something good for Mills contract
-Get Rose who looks like just what Ainge wants
(29 years,energy,great rebounder)+his salary is not high

His stats this year when he played more than 30 minutes:

Dec 01 at Clippers 33min 26p 11r
Nov 08 vs Mavericks 41min 20p 22r
Nov 06 vs Lakers 44min 15p 8r
Nov 04 vs Heat 34min 14p 11r
Nov 03 at Grizzlies 30min 10p 9r

-Willis and Hart contract expires

--------
SAS:
-Rose has a contract for 5 more years+there are no minutes for him under the boards(Duncan, Nesterovic,Horry)
-Sas want to get rid of his contract to clear as much sallary cup to make a run on Bryant

Lets look at the Bryant scenario:
SAS:
-Players under contract:
Duncan(6),Nesterovic(5),Parker(2),Horry(1),
Bowen(1),Turkoglu(1), Brown(1)

-Expiering contracts:
Mercer,Mills,Marks,Ward,Garcia and GINOBILI

So SAS cleared enough salary cap for bryant..and now can gamble-even if they can sign Bryant they stil can sign Ginobili
-----------

IT WORKS PERFECTLY FOR BOTH!!!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Yikes. I know Malik Rose hasn't been playing, but I'm sure there is something of value they can get in return for Rose rather than cap space.

Plus, this puts the Spurs three men down: Mills isn't expected to play this season, so that's like trading three contributors for nothing. And look at it this way: Without Rose and Willis, the Spurs are three men deep at PF/C, and you can't survive without having plenty of decent bodies to throw at Shaq.

On a last note:I don't think there is any chance at all for the Spurs to get Kobe come the off-season. No chance. That would be too good to be true anyway.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Honestly, I think Boston could do better. Don't get me wrong, I think Malik is a great player, but I don't think the Celts need another energetic rebounder. The Celts need to develop their young players like Perkins, Banks and Welsch. Spurs do need Malik because he can play valuable minutes for Tim D when he sits and even when Rasho is out.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Honestly, I think Boston could do better.
For Chris Mills? I know he is an expiring contract, but teams aren't going to be eager to give up solid contributors for Mills. Plus, this is a three-for-one deal, how can it get any better for Boston?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Spurs should hold onto Rose. He hasnt had the best season, but he has the championship and playoff experience. He may come on real strong in the end, infact I think its likely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts