Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball/NBA/Toronto/2005/03/17/963975.html

"I hurt my back a couple of games ago when I took a charge from (Orlando's) Dwight Howard," said Bosh, whose injury was described as a bruised tailbone by Raptors coach Sam Mitchell. "(Last night) it was a matter of landing right on the same spot. I knew exactly what it was, but the pain ... it hurt so bad."

He will be re-evaluated today, and even though a sore lower back is something that could linger, the play looked -- and sounded -- as if it might have been far more serious.

"My plan was to play all 82 games and that's still a goal of mine," said Bosh, whose Raptors will take on the Detroit Pistons tomorrow night at the Palace in Auburn Hills, Mich.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
You gotta love this kid.
It'll be great to see what a role model he will be to the younger players a couple of years down the line.
Hope to see him playing against the Pistons tonight.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
yah like Turk said, he will be an amazing role model for the younger guys who we draft in previous years, a good player to look up to for them. its a big improvement on our previous star, could this be the reason MoPete sucks on the road, when things dont go his way (on the road) he just "doesnt give it his all"

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
That's great, but he's gotta look at the bigger picture. The Raptors aren't going anywhere this season. He's not helping himself or the team by playing hurt any more. I'd hate for him to have chronic injury problems, and the Raptors just can't afford that long term.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Right on Bud_Boy .... it's good to see that you agree with me on something. The Raptors must protect Bosh for next season and let Aruajo and Sow get more minutes to see what they can do. I would accept that strategy and would not cry in my milk like the tribal honkers who demand that the Raptors win or else they don't deserve the adulation of the honkers. Such children .... !!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I just don't see Bosh as the kind of person to sit this one out.
Yes, he may not be 100%, but sitting out with minor injuries can develop into a bad habit, that I wouldn't want another one of our superstars having.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like they decided to rest him until Sunday's game at home against Cleveland. Getting that "82" in your player profile might be nice, but we need to protect our investment. I know he understands that mentality.

In other news...

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2005/03/18/964959-sun.html

"At this time last year I was struggling big-time," Bosh said. "It was hard to get up for every game. But now I feel way better. I'm way stronger, I'm in physical shape, and we run up and down the court a lot more, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

"I'm sure on the scouting report they say to play physical with me. But that doesn't bother me. I'm sure they think I'll fold, but you know, I've been playing like that all my life."

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
how does chris find the right things to say all the time? he really is more mature than his age.

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
I just don't see Bosh as the kind of person to sit this one out.
Yes, he may not be 100%, but sitting out with minor injuries can develop into a bad habit, that I wouldn't want another one of our superstars having.
Well it may not be a bad idea, its not like were in the playoff hunt

·
Registered
111 Posts
:cheers: Good for Bosh, I love his attitude! Doin the right thing for the team here (tonight at det) though, and I like that too. This is something franchises do to protect their star players, but you know what?, as someone mentioned, the 82 looks great, but 80 or 81 is pretty nice too. Hell, its ****ing great! fan-****ing-tastic!....I am dead serious, I took years of vince and AD and Alvin and etc........ as a raptor fan, it HURT. The future just looks so good right now, its all Rose(y) and the sun is shining. :clap: :clown: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts