Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest I'm completely torn. I'm raptors through and through so I have to go Bosh...but Kwame is sick. And only getting sicker. He's huge and has amazing low post moves. I'm not sure he has the basketball IQ that Bosh does or the work ethic and amazing attitude. My vote goes to Bosh.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
chris bosh looks so fluid considering this is his first year in the league. i gaurentee 2 years from now bosh will be playing than the kwame of present, although brown certainly isnt one to turn your cheek on, he'll be around and contributing for a while

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Boshs numbers this year are better or equal than Kwames. Bosh is 19, Kwame is 21. Bosh has no weakness except actual body strength. If he puts on some weight, he could end up being with Melo/Lebron as the best players of the class.

So bosh is my choice obviously.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Kwame.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nod goes to Bosh, as of right now. He has a better game than Kwame, plays better defense, and certainly understands the game better. The biggest difference is the work ethic. Bosh has the work ethic to stay in the gym in the offseason, and put on the extra weight. The Raptors will be his team, in a matter of a couple of years.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Boshs numbers this year are better or equal than Kwames. Bosh is 19, Kwame is 21. Bosh has no weakness except actual body strength. If he puts on some weight, he could end up being with Melo/Lebron as the best players of the class.
Good point, and along with that is the fact that Bosh doesn't even have a full season under his belt, and Kwame has two.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Kwame, I think he will be much better than Bosh.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I said my vote goes to bosh...however in defense of KB I think his growth was stunded by all the pressure he got from Jordan etc. Now that he's escaped all of that he seems to just be playing. Bosh will get bigger and stronger, there is no doubt. But he will never be as big and strong as kwame. and that can't be taught. KB knows how to use his size and speed in the low post. and I think in a couple years he COULD have shaq like dominance.

If I was a GM, I'd go with Bosh...just b/c it seems like a safer bet. But I really think if all things went his way kawme could be one of the all time greats...I'm just not sure he's got the right head for that.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Kwame's defense is better than Boshs and I would rather get the ball to Kwame in the post than to Bosh because Kwame has a much more powerful back to the basket game.

Kwame has 2 full NBA seasons with limited playing time, Bosh had 1 full year of college devellopment.

I take Kwame he will probably be the best player in his draft when all is said and done.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Bosh will end up being a top 3 shotblocker in the league. Kwame may play good defense on his man, but his shotblocking presence will never be as strong as Bosh's which is a big advantage for a big man. While Brown can contain his man, Bosh can do the same AND change and block the shots of players who come into the lane. That effects the whole game much more. Kwame is a poor shotblocker for a big man.

Bosh is two years younger, plays 5 more minutes a game for a better team, and averages double the blocks a game over Kwame.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Hey Blocks is great, but Kwame is one of the best post defenders you will find. He just uses his strength and quicknes to pester the guy with the ball and he rarely lets anybody back him down. He's more useful against the Jermaine O Neals and Tim Duncans in the league than Bosh is.

Just from what I've seen personally, Bosh seems like his game is one of an All-Star but not a superstar. What I mean is, he'll probably need another star like Vince Carter to go far. Kwame is more of a traditional post player and he just has more chance of dominating the league as a franchise player.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Bosh rather easily imo....hes gonna be a star, and whoever says he will not has not seen him play

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
How does Bosh have a better all around game?

Kwame averages more assists, steals, better fg%, better ft%, takes 2 less shots a game and plays 4 less minutes.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Kwame, amazing defense, owned Elton Brand, Boozer, Gasol and others.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
Kwame, amazing defense, owned Elton Brand, Boozer, Gasol and others.
I wouldn't say owned.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
kwame because I've seem him in action and he's a lot more special than bosh. bosh is too skinny to ever be a dominant forward. kwame has got the strength and the agility to be an all-star. his #'s for 2004 are like 16 ppg 9 rpg. his passing is also getting better.

bosh is given too much credit. he's good, but he can't contribute all-around and consistantly as kwame.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts