Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean Camby now, but Camby in his 1st 2 years as a Raptor rookie...

How would you rate them? Camby's first year appears stat wise similar to Bosh's. 2nd year a bit lower, but he didn't have the chance, as the Raptors had a couple scorers.

Damon, Christie, Wallace... I remember Billups was even a Raptor.

-Petey

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Good questions! Camby was a very good rebounder right from the get go, and while he did have a 17 -20 foot shoot it was / is not as consistant as Bosh's, and took a lot longer to get off. In all honesty I think Bosh is a better all round player, CAmby never really had a chance to develop into a quality scoring option here, but his play since would suggest that that wasn't in the cards for him anyway.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Camby was the better shot blocker, but Bosh has a better all around game.
Even though Marcus could handle the ball a bit in the open floor, Chris looks to take his man of the dribble more. I also think that the team Camby was on had more of a running game than the current Raptors do, so his scoring numbers were helped out with fast breaks and lobs, something I would like to see Bosh get more of.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Re:lobs - Rafer as a former And1 guy is very bad at throwing lobs. He only tries them here and there and oftens botches them. Milt is far better at that. I wish we had a point that could toss it up more often to Bosh, or maybe even Hoffa. Mo can go up and get it as well ( VC Charity game) it would help with fast break offence.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
CrookedJ said:
Re:lobs - Rafer as a former And1 guy is very bad at throwing lobs. He only tries them here and there and oftens botches them. Milt is far better at that. I wish we had a point that could toss it up more often to Bosh, or maybe even Hoffa. Mo can go up and get it as well ( VC Charity game) it would help with fast break offence.
I agree 100%....I am not looking for the alley oop for the highlight reel, just as an effective way of getting some easy scores. Bosh by far would be our best guy to throw it to, after that it does drop off a fair bit with Aaron Williams being our second best. Peterson, Hoffa, Bonner, and Donyell would all need the peerfect pass and would not be able to make a play from a slightly off target pass.
Maybe next year as we draft a point guard(Deron Williams), and an athletic type player we will see a little more of this.

CrookedJ,

Earle does put out some great tunes....from his first stuff with Guitar town...right up till now, always solid!

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ansoncarter said:
Camby never had anything even remotely resembling the kind of offensive skills Bosh has
Camby was on a team that had 3 players that played at least 70 games whom averaged 10+ ppg, and a few other players in limited action that had 10+ ppg.

Was a balanced scoring team.

He was never the 1st, 2nd or 3rd option really...

-Petey

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
ansoncarter said:
Camby never had anything even remotely resembling the kind of offensive skills Bosh has
agree

Marcus Can't be had no fundamentals and has never had the toughness or durabilty of a Bosh.

That having been said Camby was a decent rebounder and shot blocker.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts