Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with bosh elavating his game to a 20/10 guy, were does he rank in the East for power forward i see jermaine webber and jamison ( plays both 3/4) ahead of bosh and howard comin up were is bosh gonna be in the all star voting this year and years to come? also Villa is bringin it do u guys see a young twin towers like in san antoinio a couple years back

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Jermaine is above him for now...but Jamison and especially Webber are quite arguable...Howard has yet to take over any games...and even socre as efficiently as Chris Bosh has...
and i think we will have our version of the twin towers...because both VIlly and Bosh are completely different then Duncan and Robinson...because one those 2 guys are the typical big man...Bosh and Villy and a diffrent breed of big man...they are both Athletic and can knock it down from almost every where...especially Charlie...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing with Bosh makin the all -star team this year is hes on a bad team like ricky davis a couple years ago when he played for the cavs he averaged 20+ and didnt make the team but bosh witht he 11.6 rebounds looks like hes a shoe in

·
Registered
287 Posts
He won't start, that's for sure

But the coaches decide on the reserves, and they know what their talking about, so if Chris makes it, then its a sentiment to league wide respect that he has elevated his game to All-Star status.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Big Dub said:
with bosh elavating his game to a 20/10 guy, were does he rank in the East for power forward i see jermaine webber and jamison ( plays both 3/4) ahead of bosh and howard comin up were is bosh gonna be in the all star voting this year and years to come? also Villa is bringin it do u guys see a young twin towers like in san antoinio a couple years back

sportsline.com says 6th league wide and counting

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PF

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Cool site. CV at 24th and rising. And I know it's been beaten to death, but Iguodala is ranked 7th at SG, with almost the same score as Vince. Iguodala is turning into a star.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Big Dub said:
How are you going to rank Chris Webber ahead of Bosh, and then say that Howard is coming up on him? I think about 90% of fans in the NBA think that Howard is not only better then Bosh, but that Bosh is better then Webber by a lot. Howard>Bosh>Webber, or even Bosh>Howard>Webber, but not Webber>Bosh>Howard.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
X-Factor said:

How are you going to rank Chris Webber ahead of Bosh, and then say that Howard is coming up on him? I think about 90% of fans in the NBA think that Howard is not only better then Bosh, but that Bosh is better then Webber by a lot. Howard>Bosh>Webber, or even Bosh>Howard>Webber, but not Webber>Bosh>Howard.
I don't think thats the case at all. You say it like Howard is undoubtedly better than Bosh.

I'd take Howard over Bosh on my team, but I don't think he's the better player right now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya bosh is gettin it done on the boards, i htought he was goin to go up gradually not this much he is following kevin garnett almost to a tee.

BOSH
YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
03-04 TOR 75 63 33.5 .459 .357 .701 2.5 4.9 7.4 1.0 .79 1.41 1.43 2.90 11.5
04-05 TOR 81 81 37.2 .471 .300 .760 2.4 6.5 8.9 1.9 .94 1.40 2.31 2.80 16.8
05-06 TOR 9 9 41.0 .489 .000 .825 4.3 7.0 11.3 2.8 .78 .44 2.11 2.90 19.4

Garnett
YEAR TEAM G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
95-96 MIN 80 43 28.7 .491 .286 .705 2.2 4.1 6.3 1.8 1.08 1.64 1.38 2.40 10.4
96-97 MIN 77 77 38.9 .499 .286 .754 2.5 5.6 8.0 3.1 1.36 2.12 2.27 2.60 17.0
97-98 MIN 82 82 39.3 .491 .188 .738 2.7 6.9 9.6 4.2 1.70 1.83 2.34 2.70 18.5

by looking at this it seems bosh a has a bit better numbers but very close if that is any indication he wil lbecome an ellite player.

Reactions: Turkish Delight

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
vigilante said:
I don't think thats the case at all. You say it like Howard is undoubtedly better than Bosh.

I'd take Howard over Bosh on my team, but I don't think he's the better player right now.
I don't think you got what I was trying to say in my post. Yes, I implied that Howard was better then Bosh, but the main point I was making is that Howard/Bosh>Webber by a lot, right now and even more so in the future.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
X-Factor said:

I don't think you got what I was trying to say in my post. Yes, I implied that Howard was better then Bosh, but the main point I was making is that Howard/Bosh>Webber by a lot, right now and even more so in the future.
You still implied Howard was better than Bosh. It doesn't matter if it was your main point.

But right now, it's arguable. Webber has been playing like a man possessed this year. Me personally, I'd take Howard and Bosh over Webber right now though.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I noticed that Bosh is shooting just a little shy of 50% this year. Pretty scary when you consider his jumper hasn't been falling.

Could he be a 50-55% shooter?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
The one thing on my wish list for Bosh is to hit the gym.

If he put on 10-20 lbs he could be unstoppable on the boards.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Bosh's really surprised me for the good.
I thought he'd have a slower start.

Anyways, he gets too much PT, IMO.
Don't get me wrong- he deserves every minute, especialy on this squad.
But it's a long season and eventually he'll get fatigued.

Reactions: bigbabyjesus

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Divine Spammer said:
Bosh's really surprised me for the good.
I thought he'd have a slower start.

Anyways, he gets too much PT, IMO.
Don't get me wrong- he deserves every minute, especialy on this squad.
But it's a long season and eventually he'll get fatigued.
Who else do you want to see on the court at the 4 or 5.

Villanueva and Blank.

Hoffa? Woods? Aaron Williams?

not me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts