17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overall
18.4 PPG, 47.6% FG, 8.9 RPG, 8.2 FTA, 36 MPG

Home
21 PPG, 51.5% FG, 9.8 RPG 8.7 FTA, 36.5 MPG

Away
15 PPG, 41% FG, 8 RPG, 7.6 FTA, 35 MPG

I looked into Bosh's numbers since the Vince Carter trade, and this is how it looks. As you can see, he performs a lot better at home than on the road. I was aware of this, but I had no idea it was to this extent.
With these types of numbers this year, I can really see him flourishing into a 20 10 player in 2005/2006. He just needs to put out more consistant numbers on the road.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Overall
18.4 PPG, 47.6% FG, 8.9 RPG, 8.2 FTA, 36 MPG

Home
21 PPG, 51.5% FG, 9.8 RPG 8.7 FTA, 36.5 MPG

Away
15 PPG, 41% FG, 8 RPG, 7.6 FTA, 35 MPG

I looked into Bosh's numbers since the Vince Carter trade, and this is how it looks. As you can see, he performs a lot better at home than on the road. I was aware of this, but I had no idea it was to this extent.
With these types of numbers this year, I can really see him flourishing into a 20 10 player in 2005/2006. He just needs to put out more consistant numbers on the road.
Lets see what he does against orlando tonight...I am sure he will put up better than 15 and 8

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
billfindlay10 said:
Lets see what he does against orlando tonight...I am sure he will put up better than 15 and 8
I think he will, after getting beat up that first time against Dwight, he has really responded and has played really well against him.
Tonight's game should be no different.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
crimsonice said:
Howard is awesome... I'm thinking the kid will probably be better than Bosh in a couple of seasons...
He's going to be better than a LOT of players in a couple of seasons...

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
adhir1 said:
but not chris....
Hard to say. Chris has a better all-around game but Howard will probably do the things he does best (rebounding, low post offense, etc.) at an incredible level.

You don't hear the comparison often but I see a lot of Elton Brand in the way Howard plays. If he can develop a little more range on his shot I think he can be equally as effective. I don't know if he is ready to take 10-15 shots a game and what that will do to his shooting percentage and efficiency.

I'm a huge Bosh homer, obviously, but I probably don't have the guts to say that Bosh will be better than Howard with any certainty. Who knows? Both guys have no ceiling.

·
Registered
375 Posts
speedythief said:
Hard to say. Chris has a better all-around game but Howard will probably do the things he does best (rebounding, low post offense, etc.) at an incredible level.

You don't hear the comparison often but I see a lot of Elton Brand in the way Howard plays. If he can develop a little more range on his shot I think he can be equally as effective. I don't know if he is ready to take 10-15 shots a game and what that will do to his shooting percentage and efficiency.

I'm a huge Bosh homer, obviously, but I probably don't have the guts to say that Bosh will be better than Howard with any certainty. Who knows? Both guys have no ceiling.
hmmmm... I can see some of Brand in Howards game, except I think Howard will make a bigger impact. He's bigger and more athletic.

Bosh does have a better all around game, and it may stay that way in the future, however Howard can be an absolute defensive beast, and not too shabby on the offensive end either...

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
speedythief said:

i dont no why...but i see Bosh as soo much more of an intense player then howard...Bosh just gets after it...i guess that could be because Toronto is HIS team....and Howard hs to fight to get touches....like u i am a HUGE Bosh homer as well...which is probably why i cant agree that HOward will be better then Chris....i think they both will be great...the next generation of power forwards...and people will be debating this like they debate Garnett/Duncan....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I reckon in a few years time, we shall be discussing Bosh and Howard the way we talk about Kobe and T-Mac now, in that you can agrue with valid points as to who is better for both players.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bosh can end up with a season average of 17 points and 9 rebounds per game, if he can just average 19 10 the rest of the way.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Bosh can end up with a season average of 17 points and 9 rebounds per game, if he can just average 19 10 the rest of the way.
well he is avging 16.5 and 8.9 i think he he'll end up definately avging 9 boards a game...and hopefully 17.5 so they round it up and say he avged 18 and 9...hahhaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts