Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zach to Boston for Pierce? Well the Boston board likes the idea...

link

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
ok .. have their GM contact our GM

but lets not junk it up

1) Zach + Davis for Pierce

or

2) Zach + Damon + Davis for Pierce + Baker (only if its cancellable) + Welsch

we need a PG in return

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
ok .. have their GM contact our GM

but lets not junk it up

1) Zach + Davis for Pierce

or

2) Zach + Damon + Davis for Pierce + Baker (only if its cancellable) + Welsch

we need a PG in return
We would still have three PGs, I'm not sure we would need another one, and even if we would, we would want a veteran, we have young PGs covered.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
they all lack experience

Welsch and Dickau = 1 year

Cook and Gil practically none at all

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Hmmmm.

If *Boston* fans like the idea, that just might be a cause for concern!:makeadeal :rocket:

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Lets go out on a limb here and keep Zach. I know PP gives us some clutch play down the stretch and plenty of offensive firepower, but I think that even greater things will come from Zach than what we've seen this year. He's a competitor, his defense WILL improve and he's going to become one of the most dominant forces of the decade. Please, don't deal Zach... as tempting as Paul Pierce would be.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
We need Zach in the west, he is one of the elite big men in the game and he is only 21-22. We can always trade Reef or someone else and get a more suitable 2 guard or just wait till the summer and go after Q Richardson who does every thing that Pierce does,just not AS well as Pierce...but the tradeoff would be worth it, since we could keep ZR.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I've heard Nash say that he has discussed trades involving every Blazer. I'm sure lots of teams would want ZR. But management is trying to put together- to quote them- "a team this city can be proud of." As likable as Pierce is, Porland Loves Zach. Trades so far this season have been PR moves, dropping Zach for anyone short of Duncan or Garnett would be a bad PR move IMO.

I'm not saying that he's our franchise player and we should rebuild around him, but... oh wait, I am saying that I guess.

I also get the impression that Nash really does want to keep Damon. I'm okay with Zach/Damon, if they keep working on their game.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Backboard Cam</b>!

I also get the impression that Nash really does want to keep Damon. I'm okay with Zach/Damon, if they keep working on their game.
I'm not. If Damon has trade value as an expiring contract, trade him.

If Nash has really said anything that hints at wanting to keep Damon, I have to (want to?) believe that it's in the same vein as comments about wanting to extend Rasheed AFTER hearing that Rasheed wasn't interested in returning to Portland. Smoke screen.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Backboard Cam</b>!
I've heard Nash say that he has discussed trades involving every Blazer. I'm sure lots of teams would want ZR. But management is trying to put together- to quote them- "a team this city can be proud of." As likable as Pierce is, Porland Loves Zach. Trades so far this season have been PR moves, dropping Zach for anyone short of Duncan or Garnett would be a bad PR move IMO.
oh, the hypocrisy...

he has only two years in the league under his belt, a sucker punch on a teammate and a DUI. but it's all good, he doesn't make $17M...

I'm still a bit mad about the trade...

·
Registered
731 Posts
This is a great trade that boston will never do... unless pierce demands a trade.

Ratliff won't be a very effective center in the west. He's really about 6'9" although listed at 6'10".

We would still need a good center to be considered legit contenders.

PG: Woods/Miles (both low bball IQ I know.. :shy: )
SG: Pierce/DA
SF: Shareef/Patterson
PF: Ratliff/Shreef/outlaw
C: (I would love to get Kwame Brown) but if we could LaFrentz along with pierce somehow, then thats fine for now.

IMO, this would be the biggest and most talented lineup in the league

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>yangsta</b>!

Ratliff won't be a very effective center in the west. He's really about 6'9" although listed at 6'10".
Where did you get this idea? He's been playing center for years, and I've never noticed him being markedly shorter than most of his opponents. I haven't seen him play in person, but I've watched a LOT of Theo on TV and never seen nor read such a thing.

I think that if he stays healthy he'll be just fine at the center spot. Shaq will kill him, perhaps, but that's expected, and there really aren't any other big physical centers in the West... I think he matches up fine against Rasho and pretty well against Yao, for example.

Ed O.

·
Registered
731 Posts
A center in the EAST averaging 7 boards is not a good sign IMO.

At 6'9" - 6'10", he is shorter than all the PF's and even some SF's in the West. Yes his wingspan makes up for his height, but having no players over 6'10" in the starting lineup can certainly hurt us don't you think?

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Trade Zach Randolph, Dale Davis and Damon Stoudemire for Paul Pierce and LaFrentz. This lineup would be better for the Trailblazers.

PG Derek Anderson / Dickau / Cook
SG Pierce / Woods
SF Miles / Patterson
PF Abdur Rahim
C Ratliff / LaFrentz

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
They might go for that to get out of LaFrentz deal..
I still would want Welsch

·
Registered
462 Posts
Trades so far this season have been PR moves, dropping Zach for anyone short of Duncan or Garnett would be a bad PR move IMO.
Zach's been caught once for DUI of marijuana, and he definatly seems like that wasnt an 'oh golly, the one time i do it I get caught'... trading Zach for Pierce would be a good PR move, IMO. And also, we're talking about getting rid of Damon here too, the best PR move of all.

As for the need for adding a PG, Darius Miles and Qyntel Woods both double as a PG, at least for temporary use. Mike James' minimum contract could probably be fitted into this trade if needed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts