Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Wrong About Everything
13,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Superstar Allen Iverson and the Philadelphia 76ers will try to reclaim the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference as they host the Boston Celtics on Friday.

Iverson scored 26 points and Chris Webber contributed 23, 10 rebounds and seven assists but it wasn't enough to keep the Sixers from dropping a 99-92 decision to Chicago, which moved into eighth place in the East with the win.

Philadelphia, which has lost its last two games, fell just a half-game out of the final spot with Wednesday's defeat.

All-Star swingman Paul Pierce had 29 points and Delonte West added 15 for Boston, which dropped a 108-91 decision to Washington on Wednesday.

The Celtics, who are 11-27 on the road, are still in the hunt for a postseason berth but will need some help as they're four games behind with only seven left to play.
LINK

It's obvious how important this game is, but who knows if the sixers care? Boston might be alot more motivated.

· BAIT
12,934 Posts
You guys have obviously underestimated the Chicago Bulls inability to close out games in which we have the lead.

I'm not certain, but I'm sure that same special talent we have in not closing out games can translate well into not closing out that #8 spot.

I'm not saying we're gonna let it slip, just that you should be thankful that it's the Chicago Bulls that you're trying to chase.

That's always worth keeping hope.

However, beating you guys tomorrow would go a long way in securing that final seed.

Tomorrow's a big game. Either way you slice it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.