Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff | November 27, 2005
WALTHAM -- No one likes to mention the ''r" word around the Celtics' practice facility. Coach Doc Rivers and executive director of basketball operations Danny Ainge know the stigma attached to the word ''rebuilding."

But anyone looking at the product on the parquet can't help but see that there is work to be done. The Celtics not only need to rebuild for the future, but need to make something happen this season. One way to do that would be to regain the commitment to defense that appeared briefly at the beginning of the season.

To that end, Rivers conducted a remedial workout yesterday. Although practice lasted little more than an hour, the coaching staff crammed in a review of defensive fundamentals.

''We worked on a lot of defensive stuff," said Rivers. ''I kind of went to some of the drills we did in training camp, just for our post defense and our pick-and-roll defense. That was good.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm just hoping Doc teaches defense seriously.
Unfortunately,he's not even defensive himself.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Defense, what a concept.

Maybe Doc does read the boards, what have we all been saying forever?

Hope they take it to heart.

It can be the difference between winning and losing many close games.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Am I the only one who laughs when hearing "Doc", "teaching" and "Defense?"

...again?

I think it should be noted that this team will never play any form of defense under Doc Rivers, unless their mentality is defense all the time.

The only thing we'll constantly hear is Doc complain how bad this team is defensively and how it's "my fault." He won't do anything about it, he'll just talk.

BTW, here's something fun: Perkins starts, and for only the 3rd time do we hold an opponent under 90 points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts