Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/2...is_finer+.shtml

quote:
The NBA will do his talking next Monday or Tuesday, and unless the city fathers in Charlotte really blow it again, it will vote to re-expand there.

quote:
Next week, at the NBA Board of Governors meeting in New York, the league is expected to announce that it will, indeed, re-expand to Charlotte as long as there is the framework of some arena deal in place. (Right now, they don't even have a place, let alone a framework. But a lot can happen in a week.) The idea would be to have the 30th NBA team up and running for the 2004-05 season.

Replaced so soon? I don't think this is a vote of confidence directed at the Hornets Management. What are your thoughts?

-Petey

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hope we get another team in North Carolina. I think they have already voted in favor of a new arena. It will be great having a team without George Shinn around.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I am puzzled as to why a moderator has posted this thread here. Could you please move it to the "rumors" board or NBA board. This is the New Orleans Hornets board. Thanks

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted this hear because I wanted to know how you feel as Hornet fans that someone so soon is moving into your old area. You guys haven't played a game in New Orleans yet, but you got the league planning to expand in your old roots.

If you not interested in the discussion, sorry for wasting your time with the read / post...

-Petey

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!
Talk about bitter Hornet fans! :boohoo:
Damn, I love that smiley.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts