Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is gonna be traded?

I supose that the trade will happen after 15.2., because that is the day 2 month expire from date that trade was made for Davis,Mihm and Stewart. So all of them can be traded.
So lets look at the posibilities:

NO TRADE:
-Welsch, Banks, Hunter, Perkins (the future)
-Pierce,La frentz (I would trade them, but Ainge wont)
-Baker (cant trade him…)
-Stewart (cant trade him because his salary is to high 4.480.000$ and he has 1 year left... only with Pierce, but wont happen)

100% TRADE:
-6.600.000$ Mills contract
-2.000.000$ trade exception

POSIBLE:
1)Blount (he probably wont extend his contract and wants to go..so way dont get something in return)
2)James(ok he is a starting pg, but could leave in summer so why dont get something in return…on the other hand there is no need to trade him, his salry is only 638.000$))
3)Mihm,Davis (both have good potencial…so should not be traded, but are a very interesting bait that would make a big trade go throught)
3)Jones(doesnt get much minutes and doesnt look like he will have some role in the future. Ok, his contract is for 2 more years but worth only 1.500.000$ to 1.875.000$)
4) McCarty (maybe he can be throw in some deal…but who will take him)

TO CONCLUDE:

6.000.000$ Mills
2.000.000$ trade exception
950.000$ Blount
+ ?

What do you think!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LUMPI-44</b>!
6.000.000$ Mills
2.000.000$ trade exception
950.000$ Blount
+ ?
That should get a few GMs thinking! It is a great deal for another team which is looking for some cap space. But I would want a great player in return for this package. It is worth a lot! I just hope we trade for a long term solution and not short term.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think we might see a big trade in the summer, because our expiring contracts don't play (except for Blount of course), so we can't do a atlanta/Portland style trade. But then again who knows in today's NBA

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LUMPI-44</b>!
-Pierce,La frentz (I would trade them, but Ainge wont)

Exactly, cuz Ainge recognizes a great player when he sees one (Pierce). And he cannot trade LaFrentz cuz he was a key part of the 'Toine deal and peopl ewould neva; let him hear the end, plus, now if he's healthy, he's a top 5 big man in the east, if there are even 5 LoL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts