Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
This is a video of the missed dunk that was referenced in the video. Almost crushed it.

What I also like in the first video is Kyle Korver and Jeff Green teasing John. Looks like he has developed camaraderie with the big club.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
In the Cavaliers regular season finale, the Cavs decided to run their offense through...John Holland? Holland led the Cavs with 21 points on 19 shots, although they lost to the Knicks. This is Holland's last game for the season because he is still a two-way player and not eligible for the playoffs. At least he ended his season scoring a career high.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
In the Cavaliers regular season finale, the Cavs decided to run their offense through...John Holland? Holland led the Cavs with 21 points on 19 shots, although they lost to the Knicks. This is Holland's last game for the season because he is still a two-way player and not eligible for the playoffs. At least he ended his season scoring a career high.

That's great. I wish he could be on the playoff roster, though I'm sure he wouldn't get much run. Can he be added for a future round if someone gets hurt?

Hopefully he can start next season on a regular NBA contract and break into a regular rotation.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Highlights (and lowlights) from John's 21 point game. I would not be surprised if Coach Wolff called John after the game to scold him for some of his wild shot attempts.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I think he could do well on a summer league roster. Where does his Hungarian league fall within the quality hierarchy in Europe?
Not great. I looked it up and they are around the 20th best league in Europe. Although the competition is not great and his stats are okay I think he has the talent to at least land on an NBA summer league roster.

Compared to John Holland I think Fanning is bigger and stronger and more creative with the ball. Holland probably has a better standstill jump shot, better defender, and better intangibles. Overall I think they are around the same caliber of player, yet Holland was the one to get decent NBA run as a two-way player. I hope Fanning chases the dream this year. I'll be keeping my eye on this year's summer league rosters.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not great. I looked it up and they are around the 20th best league in Europe. Although the competition is not great and his stats are okay I think he has the talent to at least land on an NBA summer league roster.

Compared to John Holland I think Fanning is bigger and stronger and more creative with the ball. Holland probably has a better standstill jump shot, better defender, and better intangibles. Overall I think they are around the same caliber of player, yet Holland was the one to get decent NBA run as a two-way player. I hope Fanning chases the dream this year. I'll be keeping my eye on this year's summer league rosters.
I like Fanning, but I absolutely disagree that they are around the same caliber. I do not think Fanning is bigger, and Holland is a better athlete on top of that. Fanning may be a better ball handler in isolation, I'll give you that, and I'm not sure Holland is really that much better of a shooter, if at all, but overall Holland is far superior IMO.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I like Fanning, but I absolutely disagree that they are around the same caliber. I do not think Fanning is bigger, and Holland is a better athlete on top of that. Fanning may be a better ball handler in isolation, I'll give you that, and I'm not sure Holland is really that much better of a shooter, if at all, but overall Holland is far superior IMO.
According to their BU bios, Holland was listed at 6'5", 205 lbs. Fanning was listed at 6'5", 215 lbs. I also don't remember defenders bouncing off Holland's body like they did against Fanning. I would give Holland the slight edge in athleticism because he appeared to be quicker and more explosive, but it would not be by much. Below are a couple of dunks for comparison.

(go to 1:31)
[ame]https://youtu.be/cRz4MmLc0Ws?t=1m31s[/ame]
[ame]https://youtu.be/hmkEAbMigP4?t=30s[/ame]

Whatever the case, I just hope to see both in the NBA next year.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Holland has definitely put on some muscle since graduating. Fanning was already pretty filled out. I'd bet they're about the same size now. You're right Holland had a smaller frame when comparing each of them at BU.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
181 - 200 of 206 Posts