Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
John Holland is enrolled in a program at Harvard Business School. The program is to help ensure athletes don't go broke due to bad business decisions.

Other "classmates" include NBA players Paul Millsap, Spencer Dinwiddie, and Zaza Pachulia. Former BU-recruit, Kyrie Irving, is also enrolled in the program.

Gotta love that Holland is wearing a BU shirt in this photo.

·
Registered
321 Posts
John Holland is enrolled in a program at Harvard Business School. The program is to help ensure athletes don't go broke due to bad business decisions.

Other "classmates" include NBA players Paul Millsap, Spencer Dinwiddie, and Zaza Pachulia. Former BU-recruit, Kyrie Irving, is also enrolled in the program.

Gotta love that Holland is wearing a BU shirt in this photo.
I was wondering why John was posting pictures from Harvard business school. I have a memory of Chris Bosh doing this program last year.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Michael Jordan has been in the news lately because of "The Last Dance", but one game that did not make the final cut of the documentary was the time UNC played against BU. The game itself was not particularly memorable--UNC won by 33.

Someone posted the full game on YouTube. I timestamped where they show Jordan's first half highlights, including a block and two dunks.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
For anyone who remembers Tony Gaffney of the mid-aughts, I found this nice article and was surprised to see he is still playing at a high level!

Tony clashed with Coach Wolff and left for UMass, where he really blossomed. Came close to the NBA a couple times and made a comfortable career in Europe. Dude could jump out of the gym

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
And now that I've gone down the rabbit hole, does anyone remember Richard Bagby? He played while I was in school, and transferred to Richmond to play football.

He has an interesting story since leaving -- befell tragedy, now turning it into good:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Now is a good time to give the quarterly update on BU basketball. A lot of coaching-related news for alumni.

Matt Griffin ('12) accepted an assistant coach position at U of Albany under Head Coach Dwayne Killings. Coach Killings was a BU assistant under Pat Chambers in 2011 when the Terriers won the AE tournament and earned an NCAA bid. Griffin formerly was the head coach at Roman Catholic High School, a powerhouse program in Philadelphia. He also has a coaching pedigree -- his father John Griffin Sr. was the head coach at St. Joes from 1990-1995.

Matt Griffin - Assistant Coach - Men's Basketball Coaches - University at Albany Great Danes

DJ Irving ('14) accepted an assistant coach position at the "U" (U of Miami). Irving formerly was an assistant coach at Roman Catholic High School under Matt Griffin. This surprised me, not because I don't think DJ knows the game, but because I always thought of him as a quiet leader or a leader by example. Tremendous opportunity for him.

DJ Irving

Marisa Moseley ('04) accepted the head coach position at the U of Wisconsin. Moseley did well and I did not expect her to stay long at BU, but I wish her Terriers finished the job in this year's Patriot League tournament before moving on. She left the program in better shape than when she arrived. Replacing Moseley is Melissa D'Amico who was an assistant coach at Wake Forest and played at Notre Dame.

https://uwbadgers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/coaches/marisa-moseley/1751
Melissa Graves - Women's Basketball Coach - Boston University Athletics

201 - 211 of 211 Posts