Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not only can he close oppents down, not only can he be clutch(on d) but he is also a great leader. this yr i would truly vote for him
heres a article about bowen being a leader http://www.nba.com/blog/blog31.html

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cool article...that blog got me to thinking...How cool would it be to get a guy like Bowen, or any Spur, onto this board?

I don't know if you guys heard stories about this, but Curt Schilling has been on a Red Sox board, the Sons of Sam Horn, since he got to the team...I know it is just fantasy, and pretty un-realistic, but it would be cool...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
While a lock for 1st Team Offense I don't think Bruce will get enough recognition from the voters to win Defensive Player of the Year. He just hasn't shown much improvement from years before which, unfortunately, will keep him out of the race.

Thanks for that link though. I had no idea Bruce had a blog. It will be good to hear what he has to say from time to time.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Bruce isn't one of those guys that will get a majority of the votes, since he doesn't have impressive steal or block numbers, and because of the negative press he gets from certain cry babies.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
Bruce isn't one of those guys that will get a majority of the votes, since he doesn't have impressive steal or block numbers, and because of the negative press he gets from certain cry babies.

True. He should be first team since both Artest and Kirilenko have not play pretty much all season, but he is not what you'd call a media darling, and his numbers aren't big. Nevertheless, I think he is as deserving a candidate as any for DPOY, but I'd be suprised if someone other than TD or Shaq won it.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
He's consistently a great defender, but you have to have nice numbers and somewhat of a big name to win DPOY as a perimeter defender. He should get a lot of votes, but not a lot of 1st place ones.

I think he is as deserving a candidate as any for DPOY, but I'd be suprised if someone other than TD or Shaq won it.
I think Ben Wallace should be in that conversation. As at least a candidate. Another guy that's getting no pub as at least a candidate is Larry Hughes. People know he's leading the league in steals, but noone talks about his actual ability as a defender. He's underrated on defense.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Duncan is the DPOY.

During all season he was the most consistent between the betters defenders in the league.

AK was wonderful too, but he missed tons of games.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Check these stats out. It's the last 3 games, and how the guys Bowen guarded faired:

Ray Allen - 14 points, 6/17 FG's (Season avg of 23.6 PPG)
Carmelo Anthony - 18 points, 3/12 FG's (Season avg of 20 PPG)
Kobe Bryant - 15 points, 6/19 FG's (Season avg of 28.1 PPG)

Carmelo still had 18 points, but he more than half of those from the line.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if bowen doesnt get dpoy it should b a crime... look at his d he shuts down allstars and even ball hoging superstars cough kobe :biggrin: he does play like this every night just people dont relize it b/c he doesnt guard superstars every night so the oppents numbers arnt as big to begain with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts