Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was finally announced yesterday that Western will host the College of Charleston (15-3) on February 21st at 4:00 on ESPN. This will be a rare showcase of talent for the Broncos. Can't really draw as much I'd like to from this matchup, but Western is steady at #6 on the mid-major top ten, and Coll. of Char. just recently dropped out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
not happy about this

this game pisses me off, C O C has an rpi in the high 70's and it will only go down more, this game cant help WMU other then the fact its on tv, basically if they lose this game their shot at an at lagre bid is gone

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kent State plays Creighton that day at noon. At least that is decent matchup. Creighton was ranked at one point in time...they might still be, I don't know. It all came down to the KSU vs. WMU game I guess.

I'll be mad if we don't spank C of C. :upset:

·
Registered
23 Posts
WMU/KSU

I don't think it really mattered what happened between WMU and KSU. Looking at the remaining schedules for both teams, it's gonna be tough for either one to get an at-large bid. Even though it will be on TV, playing C of C isn't going to help our SOS at all or our RPI so all this game can do is hurt. Kent definitely got the better end of this deal. I hope to see 2 MAC teams dancing in March though. good luck to the broncos and flashes

·
Registered
76 Posts
its gonna be almost impossible

for WMU to dance unless they win the MAC tourny, our rpi is in the 50's right now, and were gonna take more hits havin to finish the MAC schedual and if we were to get an atlarge we would need an rpi in the low 40's or below that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts