Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WASHINGTON — Wizards guard Bradley Beal underwent successful surgery Sunday to repair a non-displaced fracture of the scaphoid bone in his left (non-shooting) wrist. The procedure was performed by Dr. Michelle Carlson.

The injury occurred during the first quarter of Washington's preseason game against Charlotte in Greenville, SC, on October 10.

Beal is expected to miss approximately six weeks.
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/10/12/beal-wrist-surgery/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
I would assume Pierce will move to SG with Otto Porter sliding in at the SF spot until Beal gets back??? That will be a very big line-up if they decide to go that way. Interesting.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Pierce can't really defend SGs right now... don't they still have Martell Webster? Glen Rice's kid would be an option?
Webster is out 5 months after back surgery. Rasual Butler likely won't start. I guess GR Jr might be an option, but I wouldn't guess that he's a strong one. Can't really see them starting Dre and Wall together. That pretty much leaves Pierce/Porter at the 2/3 both starting and closing until Beal gets back.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
My fantasy team is thrilled with the news.

Washington have been a pretty good without him, I wonder if he can hit the ground running and not disrupt that, or whether they will take a few games to work him back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts