Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I doubt he'll get it, but I think Brand should be the MVP this season. The only other players that I see deserving it are Lebron, Nash, Wade, and maybe Kobe (ugh, I hate to admit that!). Brand has carried the Clippers all year, and considering the injurys to the team this season, thats impressive.

·
Registered
193 Posts
To the extent he was part of the conversation a couple months ago, he has played himself out of it lately.

Gets the ball in great position but seems to wait for the double team to come to him instead of attacking immediately...or looks to pass to others when nobody will get a better shot than the one he just passed up...may be the worst player in the league on the fast break...

Don't get me wrong, I love Elton, but MVP is out of the question.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes I agree that if the Clippers would have won the division then EB would have won it.

My candidates are Lebron James(he improved his game dramatically and could now be the best player in the NBA), or Dirk Nowitsky(He is playing good and his team is one of the top 3)

And no Kobe should not be the mvp. The only ones that think that he should be mvp are not right in the head or are laker fans

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
People tend to remember what happened more recently, so with the Suns slide, and the memories of Nash getting 0 points and a lot of turnovers aginasy JKidd, as well as S. Livingston out playing Nash, his case is getting weaker. Shouldn't though.

It'll come down to the end of the season. If the Mavs can take #1 in the West, Dirk will prob get it. If not, then Nash has a good chance. If the Lakers can get 7th seed, expect the Lakers to win something- MVP, COY. Also I'm somehow feeling that the NBA would love to have LeBron win MVP- he makes a very strong case as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.