Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So B Roy is out indefinitely. I can see him sitting out for the entire season if the Blazers do not find a solution to his knees. I mean surgery, or some kind of rehab is the only thing possible that may help. Roy was interviewed, and he said just sitting out games is not helping his knee. So rest alone wont' fix this. These are tough times and tough decisions for Roy and the Blazers. He already has been given his max deal. So the Blazers are going to have to find a way to get something out of Roy the next 5 years.

What do you guys think will happen to Roy the remainder of this season ? And what does the future hold for Roy and the Blazers ??

Here is a small article by the Blazers beat writer Jason Quick.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2010/12/trail_blazers_guard_brandon_ro.html

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
The whole thing is what options he has. From what I read before he doesn't have the cushion in the knee so surgery won't help, but now he's saying maybe a surgery can help. Hopefully they'll find something that will help because just resting hasn't help his knee.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Of course some say his knee will only improve when Miller is traded. ;)

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The whole thing is what options he has. From what I read before he doesn't have the cushion in the knee so surgery won't help, but now he's saying maybe a surgery can help. Hopefully they'll find something that will help because just resting hasn't help his knee.
I wonder if microfracture surgery would help Roy ? I'm no doctor, so when I read reports that Brandon has no meniscus and no cartilage is that the same thing ? Or different ? Would microfracture surgery help grow new cartilage for his knee ? I know for a fact this season the Blazers medical staff have been pumping Roy's knees with all kinds of medicine to help him out, but obviously that didn't help at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts