Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the interruption of the Curry lynching, which was an interruption of the Crawford lynching.

Randolph was 3-12 for 7 points in 31 minutes. He also had 6 rebounds and 6 turnovers. For a guy who supposedly was turning into one the premiere scorers in the League, that was a remarkably underwelming performance. Who was guarding Randolph? Why was he so ineffective?

By the way, according to my index, Randolph was -9.4 last night, while Curry just a -4.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I don't know what happened last night. JYD was playing pretty good D at times but this should not have stopped him.

On another note, Zach looks like Brand re-incarnated.

Better scorer, not as good a rebounder, great player but you better hope somebody else on the team is better if you want a title.

Of course, compared to Kirk being the best player, your team could be in pretty good shape.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
from what i heard JC doubling on Zach was pretty good maybe that had something to do with it

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
Jyd and AD r both Bangers.lets think positive and believe they stopped him.
i think its more positive to think Jc is playing good team defense in combination with JYD and AD

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Coaching!!

'Mo hardly runs plays for Zach, and last night when Zach DID get the ball in the post, there was about 4-6 seconds left due to 'Mo wanted (yelling) them to swing the ball so damn much, Zach had to rush things.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Jetlag. Wasn't ZBo stranded for a while out East, causing him to miss his last game? MAybe one of our Portland friends can confirm this ;)

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
This Blazer fan see his (non) performance in Chicago as a proto-typical combo deal.

1) Because of the "worst winter storn in a century" in Portland, the team had to wait around, then bus to Seattle airport. Didn't arrive to Chicago until 4:00am. This on top of it always being harder to travel East then the opposite when susceptable to jet lag.

2) Zach has hit the wall this season, his first as a starter.

3) Zach is experiencing his first big slump. Partly due to above. Partly due to more attention and better scouting. Partly due to Murphy's Law. The guy is missing layups and chip shots when he never used to.

If you had only seen Zach put up game after game of 20+ 10+ on 50%+ as if it was his birthright you would understand why he is/was being touted.

Even after this weeks long slump he is still has top 10 stats for the season. He was no. 4 earlier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts