Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Warrior Spirit!
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are their remaining games:

@Orl
Indy
Boston
@Det
@Indy
Phili
Milwaukee
Chicago
Cleveland
Charlotte
@NJ
@NY

A lot of these games could go either way. I see them going 8-4 or 9-3. I have a feeling they will beat us on their homefloor, but we'll have to wait and see. Assuming they beat us and go 9-3, they will own the tiebreaker and finish the season with a 49-33 record. If they go 8-4, with us beating them, they finish 48-34 with us owning the tiebreaker.

Let's say they go 9-3 while beating us. They finish 49-33 and in order to get HC advantage we would have to go 11-1 (that's with a loss to Washington, meaning we would have to beat Miami @ Miami).

Let's say they go 8-4, with us beating them. They finish 48-34. That means we would have to win 9 out of our last 12 games, which is very doable, but we have to beat them.

It looks like our game @ Washington will be the X factor on who gets HC advantage. I'm scared.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
CiMa said:
Here are their remaining games:

@Orl
Indy
Boston
@Det
@Indy
Phili
Milwaukee
Chicago
Cleveland
Charlotte
@NJ
@NY
I don't think they'll do quite as well. I see them losing every road game except the one at New York. You'd have to figure at least one team (Boston, Philly, Bulls, or Cleveland) is going to take a game on their court.

I say they go 7-5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
Frankensteiner said:
I don't think they'll do quite as well. I see them losing every road game except the one at New York. You'd have to figure at least one team (Boston, Philly, Bulls, or Cleveland) is going to take a game on their court.

I say they go 7-5.
This is a good thread. I've got a feeling both these teams are smelling blood from the guys in front of them. It's going to be a great race. :banana:
 

·
Warrior Spirit!
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frankensteiner said:
I don't think they'll do quite as well. I see them losing every road game except the one at New York. You'd have to figure at least one team (Boston, Philly, Bulls, or Cleveland) is going to take a game on their court.

I say they go 7-5.
I think you're underestimating Washington. I highly doubt they go 7-5, their remaining schedule isn't that difficult for a team with their ability.
 

·
Warrior Spirit!
Joined
·
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bullet said:
The game we play them will probably turn crucial for Home court adv.
Yup, that's what I said.

Wednesday, April 13th is the most important game of the year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
CiMa said:
I think you're underestimating Washington. I highly doubt they go 7-5, their remaining schedule isn't that difficult for a team with their ability.
Yeah, I don't really consider them a very good team in the first place so I'll stand by my prediction.

And homecourt or not, I think we'll beat them in the playoffs.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top