Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes....he will move on to bigger, better things. Hopefully UW-Milwaukee will bounce back with a good hiring..... :cry:

Article

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I knew he would be going to a better school.....I wish it would of been Indidana though

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think this move is ludacris. Pearl has 4 of his 5 starters returning next year and a lot more jobs will be opening up that are better than Tennessee. It just goes to show that money talks and as much as I loved Pearl with UWM, I really hope that he doesn't succeed in Tennessee, he made a poor decision in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
He was a last resort option for the Vols, after the Creighton and UAB coach didn't want to interview.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Well the thing about Pearl is, his style of play is going to bring recruits in. UWM returned 9 of their top 11 players this year and he still left. I thought they could make a run at the Elite Eight next year. Hopefully, Tony Jones gets the job.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Pan you truly are a hater.. How the **** did anything I say have any hate to it? I guess you like to assume and take things the wrong way.. I said he had a good year at UWM this year and I'm not surprised he left.. Where the **** is that showing any hate at all? If there's any hate going on around, it's you trying to start something with me for no damn reason..

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In Pan's defense....Pearl has had 3 good seasons at UWM....getting to the NCAA Tourney 2 times in 4 years is pretty remarkable.....they should have made it a 3rd time, but choked in the Horizon League finals against UIC last year....

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Tennessee is a tall order. I mean, that conference can be really tough and the Vols are probably the worst program out of all of them. Probably should have held out for a better job, but if he turns Tennessee around he would have his pick ANYWHERE outside the state of Illinois.

Well, UW-Stevens Point won their second straight D3 title, go after that guy.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, Tony Jones DEFINITELY deserves that job.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Tennessee has had some decent years over the last 20 years. Not much, but some. I didn't think they were the worst in the SEC, but I can look to my 20 year rankings, for a possible answer.

Here are the SEC program rankings over the last years.

#4. Kentucky
#14. Arkansas
#27. Florida
#29. Alabama
#36. LSU
#47. Miss St
#49. Georgia
#51. Auburn
#64. Vanderbilt
#70. Ole Miss
#72. Tennessee
#82. South Carolina

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
apelman2 said:
I think this move is ludacris. Pearl has 4 of his 5 starters returning next year and a lot more jobs will be opening up that are better than Tennessee. It just goes to show that money talks and as much as I loved Pearl with UWM, I really hope that he doesn't succeed in Tennessee, he made a poor decision in my opinion.
That is unfortunate. You said you like him, but you don't want him to succeed?

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Philo said:
I'm kind of surprised. He was making $300,000 per at UWM. Tennessee is as dead-end as they come.
but he'll be making $800,000 at Tennesee, who wouldn't want a $500,000 raise??

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Truth said:
That is unfortunate. You said you like him, but you don't want him to succeed?

Nope, this situation is very similar to that of Dick Bennett's situation when he left Wisconsin. Bennett had 4 seniors on his team the year after they made the final four and all of a sudden he decides to leave?!?! What the hell is that? Now Pearl leaves after an awesome sweet 16 run and he has 4 seniors returning including a man who put up 31 points against the number 1 team in the nation in Joah Tucker. In my opinion Pearl's a sellout and I used to like him. Now with him being out of UWM and out of Wisconsin, I agree with Illinois fans on the Dion Thomas story. The guy's a little ***** who ruined Jimmy Collins career. What a typical Iowan.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts