Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's always a handful of them every year, and while it's hard to predict which one of these guys magically puts it together, it's fun to speculate.

Who ya got?

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

He'll be the player he was last year pre-injury and get his 3 ball back.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts

Up tempo offense, should get a lot of opportunities to score the rock...hoping this is the year for Mike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Probably Paul George will improve further, he has tons of potential. I want to say j.r smith because I'm a Knicks fan but its hard to sell that.definitely would of said john wall before the injury, I still think he could tho.kemba is a good chance, maybe Bledso? Probably still not enough minutes. Evan turner

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
I'm predicting that Irving will make the all star team.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Yeah saying Irving will make the all star team isn't putting your neck out there. He nearly made it last year with rose out and presuming he doesn't regress he should make it.

Wade Deron JJ are locks. Irving should beat out Ellis and Jennings. There is nobody else except maybe Wall......

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Wade Deron JJ are locks. Irving should beat out Ellis and Jennings. There is nobody else except maybe Wall......
Rondo. Barring something unexpected, Irving and Rondo are going to be battling for the last all-star guard slot.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not putting Rondo forward as one of the breakout guys for this coming season. That already happened.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Mayo, Eric Bledsoe

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Oooohhhhhh forgot rondo he should make it too.

I now expect those 5 to make it. Or fr JJ and Irving to fight for that last spot.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Assuming the Nets have a big turnaround this year, I'm expecting Johnson and Williams to make it simply by being the best two players on a much-improved team in a big media market, especially if Cleveland's twelve games under .500 in February.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Lopez and Deron are already going. So....that's no lock for Joe. He'll do what 20 ppg?..there's players that are lead guards that will do that. The only locks are top 15 type players, of which Joe is not. When you talk about spots that are reserved today (barring injury) you talk about LeBrons, Wades, Bynum, Kobe, players like that, not Joe Johnson. It's not a big deal just saying.

Did he even make it every year in Atlanta?

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Lopez isn't going. Bynum probably starts, and if not it'll be Chandler voted in. The coaches are appointing either Hibbert, Chandler, or Bynum because Lopez doesn't defend or rebound. Johnson's set up to have a nice little season playing next to Williams. I'm not saying he's a lock, but I expect him to make it. You can make a serious case for him being the third-best shooting guard in the league.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts

1 - 20 of 61 Posts